Friday, November 3, 2017

November 3rd Entry

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                   2017-11-02


November 3rd Entry

So yesterday's entry was all about that channel trailer, but today's entry will be about the videos uploaded before it. With two of them being outdoor videos, 2 games, 1 game/discussion and an unboxing, you can definitely say that this batch is quite an interesting assortment.

That galloping, rackety sound was present so I scrapped the original audio from the video, and made it 99% silent. There, I said it. That's exactly why I made the video silent. Not because I wanted it to be, but because that sound was obnoxiously present in it. Thankfully, the video I did in Pickering was entirely spared from this sound, because I actually remembered to completely click the damn kickstand into the case! 😖 Anyways, that's enough bickering about that. You came here learn more about this video, or maybe you just decided to casually from here from the links on my Twitter and Instagram? So anyways! The purpose of this video was originally to film the hung up ghosts at Mills Motors Buick GMC, but by the time I decided to go there, they were gone. I then decided to just briefly walk across the dealership, film some of Oshawa's downtown areas, Ontario Motor Sales Chevrolet Cadillac, and then called it quits in front of a random Speedy Auto Service. Though the silly ghosts weren't present, this video turned out -- or would have turned out to be an excellent night test video in a city environment... if only we could only hear the original sounds! 😭 Gosh darn it man! Oh well. I can always film another place in the night at another time, or even Oshawa again if I really wanted to. We'll see.


My second recorded run on this track. Did the colours look good this time? No, still rather distorted, but one does not simply expect a BlackBerry Q10 to capture a secondary screen's colours with amazing accuracy. And to make things even more insulting, the BlackBerry restarted itself and aborted its video when it accidentally tipped over and fell onto the Lumia. 😢😓 Ba dum tss? Wasn't thrilled about losing a 20 minute video at all, so I just resorted to playing and recording another session. I wonder which track will come after this one? Christmas maybe? Or will Kiloo wait till December for that? Time will tell.



Wow. Such game. Very Doge. Much Flappy. So Sky. Stahp now! 😝 Ok, if you do not know the meme, you will not understand! If you do, good for you! 😁 So Doge is one of many Internet animals on the web with a lot of jokes and captions, and now there's a game on him?! Wow, so cool! Wait, I actually learned yesterday that Doge is actually a girl, and not a boy! Wow, go figure. Anyways! This game is much like all the flappin' flappy spin-offs you have known, hated and loved. Tap your screen and safely get the character through the pylons to go as far as you can. Only thing with this one, is that it's tough! You normally do not hear me complain about Flappy games being hard, but this one is a rather special case. 🤐 Oh yes! In the beginning of the video, you can hear me saying that I've been "erroneously" referring to the game as Flappy Doge, when it should have been Flying Doge? As I've just looked up, there is such a game titled Flappy Doge and guess what? It is much more feature rich than the game available on Windows Phone! So this means that it's nothing more than just a poor clone of the versions available on iOS and Android. While disappointing, this is definitely not a surprise. Windows Phone does have equal versions with games sometimes, but there are also a good number of times where it doesn't. Just the way it is with the Windows Phone operating system, which is by the way now officially dead, but I'm sure you knew that. 


Ah, Asphalt 8. The most famous, highest quality, mobile racing game, yet also one of the most frustrating for a number of reasons! For real though. As much as I love this game, there are a lot of things present in it, that do not make it as enjoyable as it should be. In the video, I mentioned that the races pay far too little, and need to pay 3X what they currently do. This is because the costs of the cars is just bonkers, and the max out prices on much of the cars after the Great Wall Update, shoot beyond the freakin' sky! 🤕 I also complained about blueprints, and how hard they are to get, and how it makes some cars borderline impossible to achieve for the average player. Tokens need to be removed entirely from the game, and go back to just good ol' credits. Seriously, they're pointlessly difficult to obtain, and just complicates the currency system. Hackers! In multiplayer, many of us have noticed players who cannot wreck, and respawn immediately upon crashing right ahead of others. These hackers also have everything maxed, pro'ed and typically have all the power-ups. Speaking of that, that's one thing I forgot to mention on camera - boosters! In multiplayer, separate the people who have boosters activated from those who don't! In fact, I've actually seen this complaint on many websites before, and guess what?  It still has not been addressed! Asphalt 8 as of the Motorcycles Update has a lot of cool things going for it, but there are a number of things players have complained about that aren't getting addressed! Is it getting to the point that Gameloft should stop adding bells and whistles to Asphalt 8, and just start fresh with Asphalt 9 for 2018 or something? Yeah, it's time for that. Leave out the "pay-to-win" and just make people buy the game outright instead of all these ads and buy this, buy that. Get rid of blueprints; get rid of tokens; have all cars cost no more than 125,000 - 465,000 credits to max out respective of their class; separate boosted players from non-boosted in multiplayer; iron out all the bugs and glitches that cause people to randomly wreck and skid; and no more extremely expensive vehicles with races that pay too little. I could go on with more things, but I believe this is good enough for now.


While the BlackBerry Q10 has a number of cases available for it, it does not have very many beltclip cases out there for it. Even smartphones like the Nokia Lumia 1520 oddly have a better variety. But of course, nothing beats the sheer number of the iPhone! They get every single case imaginable, which is quite frankly insane. The Samsung Flagships and others get a ton of variety too, but the iPhones apparently top them out. Anyways! So on my search for a beltclip case that wasn't black and bland, I was able to fortunately discover a blue case from the Mpero brand on eBay. I of course made sure that this was a good case for durability, and checked the sellers credentials before the purchase. Like most smartphone cases I purchased in the past, this one also came out from California. Now I'm under the impression that you can find smartphone cases for any smartphone in that that state! 🤣 No matter how exotic they are, or how unpopular your phone may be, Californian shops have them all! So now that I've had this case for a few days, I can tell you that I really do like it. Love both the colour and handiness of being able to clip it onto your belt or part of your pants. As for durability, I didn't do no hardcore testing since it's the only case I have, and the only Q10 I have on me. Still, it held up nicely to my fingernail scratches, and the moderate scissors scratch I've done on camera. Off camera (or more like today!), it also fell into a sink from around 50cm-60cm and did not crack or anything. 😐 That, was not intentional... Anyways, if you wish to buy this case, the exact name for it is: MPERO Collection 3 in 1 Tough Blue Kickstand Case for BlackBerry Q10. Now if you want it in pink or black, you'll just have to change the blue part. 


Pickering! It's been a while since I've made a video in you, so even though it was cold and lightly raining that day, I was feeling very driven to make a video that weekend in this city. Despite the weather, it turned out to be a very interesting walk around. And yes, Pickering's Brock Road and namesake Pickering Parkway are both very busy roads! As you will know from my commentary in the video, there are a number of parks in the area, but because I likely haven't ever been there, or have been there from too long ago to remember, I wasn't familiar with where exactly I was, until I saw the respective signs in the parks. But after wandering around for some time, it soon led to me an unexpected skateboard park that was filled with graffiti! I was originally going to name the video "Rainy Day on Brock Road in Pickering" or something along the lines of that, but as soon I ran into this, I knew that it would have been a much better idea to mention the catchy words "skateboard" and "graffiti" in the same title for a better click rate.  And the best part about it? What you see in the title, is what you get. Now while I personally do not think graffiti is good, it makes for very interesting photography sessions.


I sure put a lot of pictures into this entry haven't I? 🖼 And notice how some of them have special effects? That's because I kept my word from last entry about how I'd do more testing with ProShot Classic, and surely it's a blast to use! Still don't know what's going on with the limited functions of Proshot, but that's because I admittedly haven't looked heavily into it. Proshot business aside, those of you who play Asphalt 8 will know that the new Munich Update has been out for some days, and boy does it sound problematic based on complaints I've read from the forums and other places! 😬 Gameloft has said that they have issued a hotfix that should fix these problems, but when and how will depend on your platform. I'm on Windows Phone, and have only spent around 20 minutes on it yesterday, so I have't noticed a ton yet. One thing I did notice, was how the race did not end in multiplayer after I crossed that line! It finished after running for another 20-30 seconds past the finish line! So, that's just one of many potential issues, but we'll see how severe my ultimate experience will be. And yes, while we speak of Asphalt 8, I do plan to do an experimental video of how I can capture a gameplay session of it on my Nokia Lumia 1520. There's also a certain a person that I REALLY need to do commentary video on! 😜 I'll try and get started on that today, so I can hopefully get it up sometime next week! Don't worry, it's not a hate, exposed, or roasted video. Though I know that's exactly what some of you would love to see, but I do not make such videos unless there's a 100% legitimate reason to do so. Now for the outdoor videos, I wasn't entirely sure where I'd be going this weekend, but I think I have an idea now. And before I conclude this entry, I'd like to say that I'm not fond of the fact that Daylight Savings ends on November 5 for most of us in Canada. I don't know why they couldn't just leave it an hour ahead and stop with this time shift. Some people will disagree about keeping it an hour ahead, but I'm sure we can all agree that it just needs to stop, right? Or do you disagree?🌑☀🕒

No comments:

Post a Comment