Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10th Entry

GuuzakaTube                                                                            Friday, November 10, 2017


November 10th Entry

How interesting it is, that I'm writing this entry exactly one day before Remembrance Day. The day where we remember the soldiers that have fallen during the 1st World War. Well,  for the Commonwealth of Nations. Other countries, I think, do not do anything special on the 11th of November, but I could be dead wrong on that so let's just go ahead and discuss the latest videos for now.


Ever since I created the discussion video on Asphalt 8, I wanted to figure out a way how I would record my Lumia's screen. We hopefully all know by now that the Windows Phone platform has no applications for recording the screen. For games that do not involve extensive tilting that forces you to play upright, I just record them with another camera while the Lumia sits flat on the desk. Asphalt 8, does not give you that luxury so I had to figure out how I'd keep a camera still in front of my chest while seated. I tried to look into capture cards at one point, only to quickly discover that this idea was a clustermess. So anyways! I made the camera "float" and got it done. As I discovered from watching the video during editing time, there were a lot of parts that did not appear very sharp. Though I did not have a problem with the immersive tilting, I felt that it may pose a mild risk for motion sickness, thus I put that warning in the 1st slide. So as we can tell from the title, this is the 1st video I've recorded of the Munich Update, but too bad Gameloft once again did not make these tracks appear anywhere between Seasons 1-8! Gameloft really needs to make all their new tracks appear within seasons 1-8 and not just 9, because this is very problematic on a number of levels. Firstly, it does not give many players the chance to get sufficient practice on these tracks. Secondly, while they do appear in Season 9, the problem is that you need a maxed car, and we all very well know by now how statrosphereically expensive these cars are to max out! Not cool, not fun! I hope they change this soon. To date, I can't even find many videos on the Munich tracks because of this.


Moon Jewels! This game as you may, or may not know, is one of those Bejeweled-inspired puzzle games. But this one has a midnight, foresty, moonlit theme. Oh, and nice music to accompany it. Overall, nothing terribly special, but it was still a lot of fun playing and recording it for the first time. It would have been a much better idea to record it flat on the desk, since the game doesn't involve any tilting. 😅 But I played it upright during that gaming session, because I already had the camera setup to "float". Don't sound too convinced about the game? I'll let the pictures I screen captured below do the rest of the talking.




Eyebert: A Gameplay Video To Test The Nokia Lumia 1520's 4 Microphones

Funkoi! Are they still around or what? Either way, their games remain, and they remain to be good. Maybe they're just not around on the BlackBerry 10 platform, but I haven't looked heavily into this, so let's just discuss two things: the game itself and the Lumia 1520's microphones. The game itself is excellent! It is indeed my favourite Funkoi game, with Kiwi Wonder probably being 2nd. In Eyebert, you run through various levels in various worlds to collect jewels and spheres, while dodging the ugly enemies! Seriously, have you seen them? They ugly bad! 🤣It'll be interesting to see how many views this will get. At the time of this writing, my Tunnel X videos have 350+ combined, while Alpha Zero has 1, and Kiwi Wonder has 16. 😅 While I do have intentions to try Kiwi Wonder again, since it was tried at the time when I had no proper microphone, I was horrendous at Alpha Zero, so do not expect to see any more gameplay videos on it. 😰 Now the microphones! Personally, I think they were quite good. 🙂 Obviously they're no Blue Microphone Snowball or Blue Yeti slayers by any means, but they do a decent job. My Blue Microphone Snowball remains as the primary device for recording most commentaries, and all gaming sessions that have been recorded on my BlackBerry Q10 through Headless ScreenCorder. The games played on my Lumia use the Q10's microphones for laziness convenience.


Yes oh yes! It's been 11 months since the "popular" Leo P video! It was only a matter of time that I decided to do another Zooz member -- The King of Sludge! You know what's funny? Nowhere in the video did I speculate about why he gave himself that title. Yeah, of all the things I talked about, I don't know why I didn't mention that at all, but oh well. The video's done and I like the overall results. There's not much more I can say other than to tell you to watch the video and tell me how you reacted to it! 😝


Ok, so there was initially supposed to be 3 outdoors videos to join the games and commentary in this batch, but that didn't happen. Hopefully, that same super annoying event won't take place again to sour my mood and put me off from getting them done. So aside from these outdoor videos, I'm not sure what else will go up next week. Well, there's another somewhat obvious video that I plan to do very soon, but aside from that, it's unknown. On a game related front, it's really a bummer to hear that Gameloft will stop supporting the Windows Phone platform. Dungeon Hunter 5, though a game I do not play or care bout, was specifically mentioned that it would no longer receive any updates. I hear that others are going to cease updates as well. Which ones exactly? I don't know, but will be watching for Asphalt 8 particularly, since that's the only game from them that I care about. Upon loading it up after the Munich Update, I saw this message:

In preparation for future updates, MSN will replace Xbox from Update 23 onward. We recommend using this new social linking method to prevent unintended loss of progress that may occur.

Simply log into MSN to link your credentials and secure your current progress via Settings > Connect > MSN.

Ok, so Asphalt 8 is still ticking on this platform, but for how much longer? Only time will tell. I'll gather more information on this in the coming days. 😶

No comments:

Post a Comment