Monday, June 12, 2017

Southeast Courtice Adventure

GuuzakaTube 06/09/17

Southeast Courtice Adventure

Ah, and southern Ontario is finally seeing some days of proper warmth! No 14°C-17°C, but temperatures of like 23°C-27°C! YES MAN! As a result of the good warmth, I've been enjoying the outdoors a little more, with evidence coming from the four videos brought to you from the early June 2017, southeast Courtice trip. Let's discuss those videos and a few other things.

So this is the first place I've targeted for this adventure. To get here, I decided to start from Roy Nichols Motors Limited, went south on Courtice Road, turned on Sandringham Drive, turned again on Avondale Drive, and kept walking until I found Lydia Trull. While I enjoyed walking around this school and exploring its spacious areas, I hated the fact that the video came out slightly blurry despite being shot in 1080p, and the fact that I had to remove the audio. I also hated how I still didn't hold the camera high enough! You'll hear me hilariously complain about that again at the end of the Methodist Church video. Some might say “Just junk the footage altogether!” or “Stop showing these segments if you're not going to get it done right!” Yes, I could just junk it, but you've been gracefully given the options to skip them with warning slides letting you know where to skip to for the best bits. It's something that will get better with time, so I keep these as reminder to show how and where to improve. Besides, as bad as some of them are, they could be much worse. Nobody has honestly complained about any of this to date, so this is truthfully just me self-lecturing more than anything at this point. I'm sure they would have if the channel had enough traffic, hence why I need to point these dreadful faults out and let you know that I do have intentions to improve. Anyways! That's been enough of that, so let's move onto the next school: Good Shepherd Catholic Elementary School!

So because these places were so close to one another, I filmed myself walking to the next destination after finishing the previous. Unlike the Lydia Trull video, this video actually lived more up to my expectations in terms of resolution and audio, so you won’t hear me bickering about how garbage-like the video was! Video technicalities aside, this school was also more interesting to walk around too. It seems like it was seemingly larger or maybe it just had more walls and corners to give it that feel. Like the other Courticean schools, this one also had large fields and lots of garden beds around the area. You see, things like this with the combination of the warm weather is just what makes photography and filming so much more interesting. Hilariously, while I was at one of the entrances doing some photography, I gave a pair walking their dog a slight spook! Not intentionally, but I guess they were really surprised to see a suspicious-looking man fishing around the gardens and must've been wondering why that was so. Now let us laugh out loud? No? Ok, let's discuss the next place that's literally right next to Good Shepherd: God The Father, God The Son and God The Holy Spirit!


Alright, so you all obviously know that I did not catch the Holy Trinity in physical action (that would be such a fateful encounter!), but I did film a high school named after the trio's collective term: Holy Trinity. Right off the bat, you'll notice that this video undesirable audio which was replaced with my marvellous narrations. It also suffered a bit from that HDR illusionary bounce. Video nitpicks aside, this was a very interesting high school to walk around. It was huge, had a lot of corners and walls, a big field, a big track, jungle of portables, and then you had a motorbike event taking place in one of the parking lots. Cool indeed. How does this school compare to Courtice Secondary School? No idea about the interiors because I've never been inside either of them, but I do have to give more props to this one for being the more interesting of the two to walk around. Unfortunately, I did not explore the Holy Trinity's track, nor did I cover the road leading out to Courtice road, but the video and trip was still interesting enough in its own rights. After filming this place, I walked to another more distant, but close enough church in the area.

Ah, yes! It's been a while since I've done a church walkaround, so I was pleased to see that not only did this place happen to be close to the Holy Trinity, but was also vacant at the time of its filming. Mind you though, despite the fact they're both religious buildings, the Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School is affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, while this church is affiliated with Methodism, as the name suggests. Anyways! You know these buildings have nothing to do with one another from the names and location. Though the actual walkaround was brief, it was a pretty, tidy church to walk around. In the 3rd segment where I explore the back, they even happen to have what looks like a detached house in the back parking lot, solely dedicated for winter related weather. Never quite seen anything like that to date! Shows how much they care about keeping their property presentable and accessible. I was curious about what lied beyond the back bushes, but obviously didn't venture off due to concerns of wondering onto forbidden zones!

Windows 10 Creator's Update Complaints
Finally! A place where I can ramble in length about how irritating the Spring 2017 Creator's Update is! Like all regular Windows 10 Home editions, your updates are forced, with only little flexibility to delay it for a week or so! The next thing I hated is the fact that after the update finished, I tried to log in only to be treated with a black screen! Are you kidding you me?! I tried waiting for 15 minutes or so, to see if anything would improve, but nope! Nothing. I then had to Google on my phone for fixes and known causes of this. Turned out that I wasn't alone, and that this was known as the “Creator's Blackscreen of Death!” The last time I saw a “Screen of Death” was when I was using an old computer a few years ago running Windows Vista. Those were the days of frequent Bluescreen Deaths! Thankfully, I've never seen a Bluescreen of Death on this Windows 10-powered Dell *Touch wood*. Anyways, I resorted to restarting the computer and that luckily fixed it and brought everything back to normal. Sheesh! What a pain! Another thing I hate is the fact that it did nothing to help performance, rather it was sluggish at first, until eventually returning to normal speeds! Mind you, my PC is a quad core, Intel i7 powered setup, so Microsoft is to blame to here! Another thing I hate is that this update isn't even as exciting as the name suggests! I watched I of it sometime ago, and have long forgotten about what good it was supposed to be. Groove Music Maker, My People, Improved Notification Center, Windows Capture 3D, and OneDrive Placeholders are examples of things that have been axed from the Spring update. I admittedly don't care about the list of the things mentioned (except Groove Music Maker), but still! That's a pretty serious load of things that didn't make it in time! Another thing I hate is the fact that items in folders viewed under extra large, large, medium and small icons have gone back to automatically arranging! Before, you could have this disabled in Windows 7-10, but since the Creator's Update, you can no longer freely rearrange them the way you want! How annoying, bossy and controlling! Why did they feel the need to even touch that? Let us choose how we want to arrange our files regardless of the view! And the final thing I will complain about for this segment is how BlackBerry Link no longer works! That's right. Still using a BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Classic, Porsche 9883 or Passport? Admittedly, not very many people are, but you will notice that BlackBerry Link will no longer work! Thankfully, you can still transfer files from your smartphone to your computer and vice versa. Instead, you'll just have to go to My PC and then click on the folder that represents BlackBerry's drive to export or import files. Ok, so to be fair, that's more so BlackBerry's fault for being so darn negligent towards BlackBerry 10 and not updating it frequently enough! Update your BlackBerry 10 devices' software and compatibility already, or just be honest and call it quits! Many strongly believe that BlackBerry 10 is already done, despite the company's so-called commitment. Commitment my foot! Microsoft is another one with terrible commitment to their own smartphones, as seen in the Windows 10 Mobile Creator's update where smartphones like the Nokia Lumia 930, 830 and 1520 were left behind, while the weaker Lumia 640 and 650 gets it. Such a strange logic... yes they're newer devices, but their chips are still weaker! Ok, that's enough ranting for this Spring 2017 Creator's Update. What do you hate about the Creator's Update? Let me know in the comments below!


On Twitter recently I've posted the following: “Decisions. Some are easy; some are not.” The reason behind that, was that I was faced with the decision of either a) putting the automotive commentary video together today to have it uploaded, or b) typing up this blog entry. As much as I wanted to get that grossly overdue commentary out of the way, I knew that I wouldn't get it done in time, so I decided to just go with the blog entries for the videos from last weekend to avoid doing two adventurous write-ups during the weekday. Well, guess what? I didn't even manage to get this entry done in time anyway, so now it's going to be delayed to Monday (busy over the weekend) before I upload everything to social media! Darn it! My whipper I hired from June 1st hasn't been whipping the slackness out of me hard enough – kidding! That didn't happen. But seriously though. I had intentions to have this entry done for Friday, so I could dedicate Monday to getting the automotive commentary done, but now I'm going to have to take part of it get this done.... Really, really annoyed with myself about this... Now I know, I know, this is seemingly trivial compared to other issues, but still: targets, completions and deadlines, whether they be for more serious things, or lesser things, are something you should try to consistently get right! Consistency is key. Aside from delays and missed targets, what is next? Well, I plan to film some outdoor videos over the weekend as usual. However, instead of editing them on Monday, priority will be placed on putting up this post and videos on social media, and then hopefully getting the ridiculously overdue commentary complete! Once that's finally put together, I'll then proceed to editing them on Tuesday, or even Wednesday if I have to. There was also plans to do a post on a response to YouTube videos this week, but given that there wasn't even time to get this finished for the slated date, that of course didn't happen. I'll have to keep that in mind for next week as well. So yeah, as you can tell from reading this part, there's hopefully going to be a lot happening on my YouTube channel and the social media accounts affiliated with it. I'll have to tell my professional whipper to go full force to make damn sure all of this happens!!! Oh, speaking of accounts, you'll now see a link to my DeviantArt page for the rare drawings associated to the equally rare videos you'll see on the channel. The other new link would be to my photobucket page, which currently has nothing, and probably won't have much for now, as it serves only for direct links to images and possible requests. There are no smartphone hands-ons this entry, but does anyone even care about that? Hard to tell without voices, but I think it's a nice addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment