Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 30, 2017 Uploads

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                       05/30/17

May 30, 2017 Uploads

Just one more day till May is over. Excited? Scared? Indifferent? Everyone will feel differently depending on their circumstances. I found this May to go by rather fast, but that could just be me. For most of us in the northern hemisphere, the weather is getting much warmer, while the opposite is happening for those of you in the south. Ha ha! Kidding. Sorry. Let's just discuss the videos I've uploaded today, my hands-on with 3 smartphones and some other ramblings and plans.

You probably know this from watching the video or reading the entry way back, so this would actually be my 2nd time filming this school. The 1st time was when I was exploring Millennium Trail last year, and ended coming onto CSS' grounds. Not surprisingly, I didn't feel like putting down the camera after coming out of the trail, so I proceeded to wandering around the school. The problem with this is that it left Courtice Secondary School to be “buried” within the video, and took the spotlight away from it. Surely, this could've been easily remedied by splitting the videos to begin with, or even easier, renaming it to include both places in the title! Anyway, neither of those ending up happening and I'm glad to do a newer, fresher video that places proper emphasis on this school. Keyword: proper emphasis, meaning that I explored more areas on its property and took photographs. Speaking of photographs, I don't even know if I took photographs at all from the last time, so that is another reason why I felt that I had to come back here. Anyways! Let's discuss this recent trip now: how did I find it? I found it nice! It's a large school that has a lot to see around it. Similarly to Maxwell in Oshawa, it also has a recreation centre very close to it. That will explain the number of people out and about, running, playing ball-based sports or engaging in some activity of the sort. And then there's Millennium Trail for people to take a good hike through the woods. So with this said, it was definitely an attractive area to visit, photograph and film. Ok, I can't end this session without talking about the theme – Cougars! Yes, I know. There's a lot of running gags about this on the internet already, so there's no way I could go without mentioning cougars! In the end of the video I even asked – actually, I won't say it! Nothing to be excited about or anything, but don't exactly want to spoil the funniness either. I encourage you to watch the video, and if you want to visit this place, be weary of the wild cougars living in Millennium Trail! Kidding. Cougars don't live in Ontario, do they?


I did the same “controversial” thing I did with the last two elementary schools: included an additional segment of me walking around the streets in their area! Why did I do this? You tell me. You should know by now! Ha haaaaaaaaa! Anyways, the segment with this school was rather brief, but it was still a nice school to walk around. Like its larger counterpart, Courtice Secondary, this school also had a lot of wonderful things to photograph. For the walking part, I explored part of Trulls Road, part of George Reynolds Drive, Jane Avenue, and then Westmore Street. While I've been to Courtice a few times, I've never really been on a proper walk through some of its residential streets, so that was a new experience for me. While I enjoyed the tour and had a good time, I feel that the video could've been better, especially if I kept the camera up more often rather than let it slip downward! There were other annoyances I had that I detailed on a slide in the video, so I won't bore you here about that. Acknowledging what I hated from this, I can improve it in the next neighbourhood video I shoot.

Smartphone Hands-on and Impressions
Yes. I did it again. I went out and touched some smartphones so I can tell you what I thought of them! Which phones did I touch? The answers lie below.

LG V20 Hands-on
Yes. Yes. YES! I finally got to find a working demonstration unit of the boss phone! If you can't tell from my commentary I've made on YouTube videos including my own and others, I love this smartphone and really wish I had it, but I don't. *Sad violin* *Sad viola* Still, I was excited to spend some time with the boss phone. What exactly do I love so much about this thing? The beautiful Quad HD display, large screen size at 5.7” (14.47cm), premium metal design and removable battery. Tell me, how often do you see the mixed combination of flagship specifications, metal build and removable battery all in one package? *Crickets* Yeah, that's what I thought. For these photos, I also flipped the smartphones around so we can see their cameras this time, and here we get to see the LG V20 rocking its dual cameras. I obviously couldn't test that in-store, but didn't even think about that anyway. While I dislike on-screen buttons, I'd forgive this handset for that, just because it checkmarks so many other areas I like. You do get to hide them in certain applications, as I've shown with the LG G6 from last time. Oh! Speaking of that, which should you get: the LG G6 or LG V20? The LG V20. Unless water-resistance is something you can't live without, I'd personally choose the LG V20, just because its broader, feels more natural, has 64 GB of storage in the North American market unlike the LG G6, has 4GB of ram just like the G6, and according to owners, it has better audio and camera controls. Oh, and that removable battery! So really, the only thing the LG G6 has going for it is the water-resistance, and I guess the Snapdragon 821 chip versus the 820 in the LG V20, but come on; you really think you'll notice a huge difference in speed? No. Buy the LG V20 over the LG G6 if you're in the market for a premium LG smartphone. LG V30? Don't know when that's coming, but my guess is September-October this year.

Huawei Nova Plus
There was a Nova and a Nova Plus. The larger one of course got my attention while the smaller one got a middle finger – I'm kidding! Sorry. Anyways, excuse the poor rear photo, but the Fido store where I tested this smartphone, doesn't have good light. Oddly, the front photo came out alright... I didn't do too much on screen with this thing, but I can tell you that I really dig the design and nice build quality. The display was also pretty nice. Would've been interesting/funny to play with the Huawei Honor Note 8 considering that thing has a 6.6” (16.76cm) display!
Fun fact: I initially wanted to test an LG Stylo 2, but they didn’t have a demo unit at this particular location I went to.

Samsung Galaxy J3
Why did I test this lowly, tiny smartphone, when the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge was nearby? Oh, right! They didn't have a Note 5 unit at the particular Telus location I went to. Actually, I was told that they don't even have the Note 5 on display anymore, but I wanted to test a Samsung smartphone, so I turned to this, though I really should've just went over to the bigger, better, badder, prettier, water-resistant Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Oh well. I touched and photographed the Samsung Galaxy J3, so let's discuss it. Alright, so it's not an ugly phone at all, and even though its a budget phone, the display actually looks nice for 720 x 1280 pixels, which is still HD, but not full HD at 1080 x 1920. Those hardware buttons! If there's one nice thing this cheap smartphone has that was enjoyable, was being able to press down on physical navigation buttons! Ah, something that's becoming increasingly rare for 2017. I know. I complain a lot about this, but you have to remember that my daily driver is a BlackBerry. If you ask other QWERTY smartphone users, they'll tell you how much they love the feel of physical buttons. Now, I don't know if this is a 2016 or 2017 J3 because the label didn't specify. I could've checked in the settings, but didn't bother because I didn't think or care about that, as I have 0 intentions to buy this thing. “GuuzakaTube, why did you even bother testing this thing if you hardly have anything good to say about it?” some of you might ask. Because I can. Next!


So this entry was shorter and less whiny the last two entries? Hooray? Dismay? Either way, I chat as I please. So! I'm really glad to see my Instagram fully functional, ever since that stupid shadowban has lifted. I've been able to see new likes, comments and interact with non-followers. So does this mean that I'll desert Tumblr? Short answer: no. Turns out that I actually like the interface, features and functions a lot, so I'll actually keep it up and continue to use it, though I'll continue to focus more on Instagram, Twitter, Blogger and YouTube for internet related things. “What about DeviantArt and all those other websites you've setup for the GuuzakaTube channel?” For DeviantArt, I'm honestly not a fine artist (nor am I terrible either!), but that said, I actually do have plans to put it up on the channel very soon. And yes, there are future plans to put up occasional drawing videos. Excited? Terrified? Whether you like it or not, (if you don't, you shouldn't even be here to begin with! LOL!) they'll be coming, but I don't know when. Not anytime exactly “Soon” but we'll see. I haven't announced what the other websites are yet, so stay tuned to find out! For this week, I plan to continue with day-to-day business and hope that I get to do a gaming video and/or commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment