Friday, September 29, 2017

September 29th Entry: The Upload Chaos

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                   2017-09-28


September 29th Entry: The Upload Chaos

⚠Warning! Due to the sheer amount of things I had to say, and number of videos that had to be covered, this entry will be extremely long!⚠

It was great while the warm autumn weather lasted, but it has now unfortunately gotten much cooler for those of us in southern Ontario and Québec. On the contrary, I heard that Alberta was getting snow for their autumn start, as opposed to us getting 25°C+ weather! 😱 While I'm not surprised about this, it just further reminds me to never move to Alberta given the fact that a man one time said that snow can strike Alberta any time of the year, except July! Whether that's true or not, it is Canada, and it sits right underneath the Northwest Territories, so go figure. Speaking of the territories, they too, are also notorious for snowing at abnormal times. 

Anyways! Weather related business aside, you're probably wondering, "What's up with the title today? Why is it called The Upload Chaos?" Because this is my blog, the place where I always tell you to come to learn more about my videos, channels and additional bits, I'll explain the complete story. You see, whenever I upload a batch of videos, I'm supposed to have the blog post typed up and uploaded the same week. Unfortunately for, the last few weeks, that has not been happening. Instead, I'd end up typing and uploading the post and videos to social media around the start of the next week, edit the newer videos filmed over that weekend, try to get their blog post up the same week, that fails, and the cycle is repeated.💀☠ 

What wrong? What happened to my timely, corresponding uploads? A couple factors at play: very poor time management, not starting soon enough, tardiness, improper load management and "traction loss". Wow! Aren't these shocking?! Surely they're not. You see the videos of the Country Lane & Rossland elementary school? They should have been uploaded between the September 4-8 period, yet did not end up arriving till September 11. Ok? And now you see the comedic videos of the Pickering dealership that took place at Volkswagen, Acura and Toyota? They too, were actually supposed to be uploaded within that time period too, yet are now just being uploaded (at the time of this writing on Thursday). I could go on about this with the other videos on the channel, but won't bore neither myself nor you about that. Let's just say that the video's original filming dates you see between now and possibly all the way up to October 13, will reveal the answers as to when they should have been uploaded and dealt with. 

"So when will you get back on track? How many videos do you have left in the 'queue' and why is this such a big deal again?" You might ask. There are 10 videos left: 3 school videos, a church video, an unexpected sighting outdoor video, and 5 dealership videos. How long will it take me to finish those? Originally, I was thinking of tying three of the dealership videos into the batch with the schools, but decided that I would have those three to stand in their own separate batch. The videos of the schools, church, unexpected figure, and latter two dealerships will be uploaded together during the October 9-13 period. Considering that those particular videos were all filmed over the same weekend, September 23-24, it would actually make far more sense on a continual level.

So there you have it. If you've successfully managed to read all of that carefully, without falling asleep, skipping or rolling your eyes over me lecturing myself for the millionth time, the answer to when timely blog posts will come corresponding to the videos that were uploaded the same week is October 2-6. Getting on track with uploading the videos at the right times with their follow-up blog posts will be the 16th of October. So there, I have officially made everything as transparent as I possibly can. Overkill? Geeky? Yeah, yeah, I know some of you would have quite a bit of things to say about all of this, but you know what? It was just so important that I took this problem, analyzed it carefully, and was able to come up with a plan and the predicted results. Now all I need to do is make damn sure that I follow this, or suffer the consequences -- failure and further chaos! No thank you! 

Oh yeah, about why this is a big deal: The channel and blog are growing. Yes, they're both still extremely low-traffic places, but nowhere near as low as they once were. Quality and consistency were the two things I emphasized when the GuuzakaTube brand succeeded the outgoing ATA1201058, so I'm continuing to push forwards for the success of my future! 🌠 



The first dealership I visited in Pickering during that day, earlier in the month. Now as we all know, this brand happens to be the namesake flagship brand of the mighty empire, Volkswagen Group, that owns so many brands. Insane and very cool at the same time how the company owns the following: Audi, Bentley, SEAT, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Ducati, Scania, Škoda, Porsche and MAN. A little random, but I figure that while I'm talking about Volkswagen for the 1st time, or more specifically Volkswagen Passenger Cars, it's just so interesting to think about how Volkswagen Group owns so many prestigious brands. Anyways! So now that I got to see a bunch of Volkswagens up-close and personal, I can give you my impression of them: Good. Not super good, WOW, average, poor, or really ugly, but good. They're pretty nice looking cars. Still, Audi hands down remains my favourite out of the German bunch. Oh and while we're on the topic of Volkswagen, did you know the Volkswagen Microbus is coming back? Yep, that's right! Only thing, it will be all-electric (YES!) and will be called the Volkswagen I.D. Buzz. As such, it will look quite a bit different, but I'm really glad to see a proper-sized electric car coming in the future, albeit a distant 2022! 😰 That's ok, because the all-electric Audi SUV will be out in 2018-19, so we're good. Then there's the obvious fact the all-wheel drive Tesla Model X is currently available. I hear that Bolinger and Havlaar may also create an all-electric pickup truck within that time frame. If they actually make such a vehicle full-sized with crew cabs, then I'll be sold on that -- unless they make them too ugly or get too many bad impressions and reviews! If I had to ask which all-electric vehicle I'd like to see from the Volkswagen brand, you can bet that it would be the Volkswagen Atlas.🚙🔋⚡


The 2nd dealership I visited in Pickering during that day. Could you see this coming? Probably not, but after all those Acura references from the September 11th Entry that covered a whole ton of videos, it probably shouldn't have been too surprising that I decided to seek Honda's luxury department: Acura! I always thought these things looked a bit too much look their standard, mainstream counterparts, and they kind of do. After exploring and getting a closer look at them, I can say that the headlights, the Acura A of course and grilles (sometimes) are their biggest giveaways. I didn't really study the interiors too much, but from what I'm told, it's a step above Honda. I must say that I really like the multiple square LEDs on these things. It gives them such a sporty, aggressive, luxurious vibe. Jewel Eye LED Headlights - that's the term for them apparently. The extreme Bugatti Chiron rocks this style as well, but that's a car that's in a whole other league. In fact, because it's so extreme you can say that it may very well be in a class of it's own... Anyways! An all-electric Acura MDX would be sweet! 😜🍰


Ah, Toyota, the world's largest automobile manufacturer. Or is it the Volkswagen Group? A lot of reports seem to have conflicts about which of the two is larger, because it seems like one year, they'll say it's Toyota, then another Volkswagen Group. Oh well, who knows for sure. Let's just discuss my time spent at Pickering's Toyota dealership. Now as you can imagine with Toyota being the largest brand in the world, their dealerships are often big. We know that the fabulous Lexus brand does not sell alongside their more mainstream counterparts - wait? Why does it feel like I've already mentioned something like this recently? Have I? Whatever! Just tell Lexus to make a full-sized all-electric pickup truck! 😁 Well, you'd actually have to tell that to Toyota, since they're the ones that greenlight or redlight their products. And now for my time! This place actually underwent an expansion not too long ago, but thankfully the dealership was ready and expanded by the time I went to check it out. I honestly view Toyotas as boring vehicles that tend to skimp too much on their badging and fanciness. Good thing we have Lexus to bring us more style, pizzazz and confident looks! 😎😤💎 Not sure if the dealership had as much stock as it was supposed to, but there was enough to make filming and photography good, and not too short. But the reason I say that is because there were a lot of empty spaces that left me wondering if there were supposed to be much more vehicles coming in? Who knows. Well, I'm sure the employees do, but I'm not shopping for any Toyotas, so whether they have a lot or a little means nothing to me! 😝 But still, if I must tell you which vehicle from this brand I'd like see totally electrified - hold it! The answer is right under your nose.👃🏾



Runnin Man AllStar!⭐ The game where you get to run as an anime Unity character. Now I don't know their names, but you'll know what and who I'm talking about if you've seen the video. If you haven't, the link as usual is always in the title of the subheadings. So what's so special about this game? Well, it's one of those running games like Subway Surfers or Temple Run, except for the fact that I'm not sure if I can consider it a true endless runner. Why? Because of the presence of levels and the fact that they end after you grab enough coins. Sure, the track itself does go on for infinity, but there are still levels and they end. I mentioned this in the video, but had to bring it up again because it is a interesting point to debate on whether or not that make this a true endless runner. Anyways, let's just discuss my time with this game. So as you can tell from the score and characters that were already unlocked, I've played this before. But as you can also tell from the poor performance, it's been a while since I've touched it.😓😰 So yeah, you run through each level, collect enough coins to fill the bar and then you proceed to the next level. I'll have you know that you also won't earn anything until you actually complete the level, so bare that in mind! This game doesn't start off terribly hard, but certainly isn't a pushover. Despite the lame average music, it's fun and worth a try. If you like running games, then there's no reason why you wouldn't like this one. Collect coins and use them to unlock additional characters.


Wait, wasn't Flappy Bird already a troll game itself, considering how hard it was to many? Though I didn't personally find it to be hard, a lot of people apparently did. Does anyone even play such games today? Or am I one of few that not only plays, but also records videos of Flappy spin-offs? Who knows. So to create such a game where it takes the notorious, white, grinning Internet troll, and put it in a Flappy game can be considered an extremely memetic, trollish, Internetish thing to do! 😱 Wow! So troll! Wait, Flappy Doge anyone? So! Is this Flappy spin-off any good, or is it a cheap, boring ripoff? It is good. Not dazzling good, but good enough to make you actually come back to play it on occasion. Why? Because it tempts you with many characters and backgrounds that aren't available, until you collect enough coins to unlock them. I like that. I like it when these Flappy games offer multiple characters or unlockable content that is earned through collecting coins. It gives you a reason to come back to the game. So if you like the idea of flying as a troll, bird, bear and other weird creatures through the plains, forest, cherry blossom area, desert and city, then you'll want to give this one a try. Do note that I did experience some occasional, strange freezes when I was playing this game. Then again, I was also playing this from a BlackBerry Q10, a phone that dates back to 2013, so go figure. It will probably be smoother on an actual Android phone with a good processor. Not sure if it's available on iOS, but I very likely believe that it would be, and would run even smoother on that platform. Windows 10 Mobile? Nope, didn't see it when it I checked, but saw plenty of other games.


And now this would officially be my 2nd time writing about this game, as it's now my 2nd gameplay video of it. This time, on a Windows 10 Phone in the Barcelona tour, unlike the last time on BlackBerry 10 when they were in Tokyo, or some part of Japan. As you will know from the title, I was experimenting with how I could record this while having another smartphone record from above it. Why? Windows Mobile is the only major operating system without a screen recorder. I find it strange how even BlackBerry 10, which is often considered to be so "dead" by many, has not one, but plenty of screen recording applications to choose from! iOS and Android? Even more! It's a shame I had to resort to experimenting with recordings by using another smartphone to record from above. I don't know if Windows Mobile will ever see a screen recording application, but it would be nice to have one available. One that works well too, and not something that's just going to crash often, fail to save and be an overall pain in the butt. So the results of the experiment? The video unfortunately has to only be watched from slab-styled smartphones, so you can rotate your phone until it displays correctly. This means no 1:1 ratio phones like the BlackBerry Q10, BlackBerry Classic and a few others. So aside from complaints about the lack of a screen recording application, and how weird the ratio turned out, how did I enjoy the game? It's great! It was one of my favourite endless runners back at that time, and still is now. The Barcelona track it also pretty cool, but at the time I write this, I'm now in Singapore, which looks even more scenic and is really pretty. Very Oriental. If there's one thing I must complain about, I do wish it were a little easier to get a double coined power-up, because these characters take a lot of coins to unlock. Time limited characters? 95,000 coins.  You do have like 20 days or so do that, and the game itself is free to play with no ads (I speak for Windows 10 Mobile because I'm not sure about iOS or Android!), and there is the option of in-app purchases, so I can't complain too much about that. You just have to play the game, and play well to progress further and unlock all those cool foreigners! Now interestingly, this game is actually made by a Danish company, but it seems like they made the main characters Jake, Tricky and Fresh based from an anonymous English-speaking country. Do they have to be Danish just the developers are Danish? Of course not! 😜😋 I suspect that the original trio may be from America given the presence of American cities that can be toured, and the fact that they look American-inspired. I hope I can unlock that Fresh guy soon. 😎🎶



So in both the corresponding video and the blog post, I've talked about what happened to this case, and who I would buy it from next. Now it's finally here! Well, I've been using it since September 12, so now I can tell you how I've been getting along with it. You'll know from the video that I initially struggled to get it on, due to me not watching a disassembly video right before doing this. Then again, why doesn't the package itself have instructions again? Oh well. At least it came with a handy prytool, that's not only helpful for opening the kickstand, which you can also do with a long enough nail, but will also be useful for prying other things like maybe the sides of phones. Now unlike the purple rubber case that I accidentally dropped on concrete once, I haven't done the same for this one, so I don't know how durable it actually is. The other case was impressively durable, much grippier, and the kickstand was much more useful given the fact that it's not only good for resting your smartphone down horizontally, but also vertically. So as you can tell, I honestly like the other case so much better, but it's just too darn bad I didn't order it in a more masculine colour! 😬😱😓😰😨😞😖 Ok, I know it technically isn't actually girly, but what have other people thought about it, when they saw me walking and filming down the roads, schools and automotive dealerships with this thing? Wait, why am I giving a rat's hat about what you losers think again? 😝 Kidding! The only reason why I've been using the black and blue case to this point, is because it has a belt clip that allows you to clip it to your belt or jeans pocket, rather than stuffing this giant, phantom touch-prone phone in your pocket. If the purple case had a belt clip, I honestly wouldn't have even bothered sourcing this one out, rather I'd just get in black and blue like how I should have originally done. Still, that's not say that I hate this case, because I don't. I do think that it looks really cool, and the presence of the belt clip makes it much more useful for road trips, but the other one is honestly more durable, grippy, and otherwise better aside from the lack of a belt clip. "So couldn't you just use the belt clip case for on the road, and then use the thick rubber case at home?" You might ask. I could, but they're not quick and easy to take apart. "What brands are they from?" Oddly enough, they're unbranded. High quality, but unbranded apparently, which explains why looking them up and sourcing them can be a slight pain, if you don't know which vendors sell them.




Gosh darn it! This why I need to upload and type the corresponding entry for videos like this, so my memory and experience of the place will be fresher! Oh well. I'll make do with what I remember since it thankfully wasn't that long ago. It also helps that I do not have Alzheimer's Disease. No, that is not intended to be funny at all, so please take no offence that, as I wasn't trying to be condescending when I said that. Anyways! This was the first school I visited during my Eastern Brooklin Schools Quest. Part of the video took place in Optimist Park if you chose to optionally watch that. Now what's "eerie" about both Winchester and Brooklin Village Public School is that they both freakin' look like Captain Michael Vandenbos! Intentional? Or were the architects and engineers just lazy and uninspired with the designs here? Who knows. They don't look identical, but still. They look very similar. My experience with the walk around here was relatively boring. You know what lies further north of this place? St Leo's Catholic school and church! If you're interested in those places, you'll definitely want to read below to get the scoop on those places.


So the video's resolution isn't impressive, and neither was the sound, hence why that had to be removed. Fail video? No, but could have been much better. I successfully got to walk around and film the school, and take photos so that was great. There were a lot of colorful markings in the ground at the back to help keep kids engaged and excited during recess, should they want to play hopscotch, count, or look at a map or something. There's also a good-sized field too. And the bonus is the church! I don't know which one is supposed to be named after one or the other, but I suspect that the church may have been around for longer, but I have no idea. This school is apparently over 50 years old, so these buildings aren't anything recent or new. My experience with walking around this school boring-average.🤗 But what about that fancy Roman Catholic church right beside it? 



I probably should have put a short explanation as to why there was music instead of the original audio or even commentary, but it's obvious so I abandoned that idea. Like most Roman Catholic churches, this place was highly presentable and pretty to look at. Too bad some parts of the video just had to get so dark, but there were enough parts of it with proper lighting to make the video good enough to go onto YouTube. Perhaps playing chamber music would have made it much more fitting for this type of setting, but my playing skills....... 😅😳😰 So anyways! Loved the gardens, walls and areas of this place. The warm weather and bright sunshine made the filming and photography that much better. Though it also tampered with the phone's exposure, but that's something I'd need to work on: adjusting the proper settings in scenarios like this.😏⛪



What did I tell you about the Michael Vandenbos Public School look-alikes? Who copied who? Nobody knows, but except for the engineers and people behind the construction of these unimaginative schools. Is it a big deal? Yes No. Let's discuss my time and adventure with this school. It was pretty fun and easier than I thought to get here. Originally, I had plans to explore the Cachet Park area schools, which would be Blair Ridge and Saint John Paul II, but when I realized that I only had to trek straight north, I decided to come here before going to those two. Of the four eastern Brooklin videos that suffered from the annoying, flapping, rackety sound, this one I believed suffered from it the worse, so I arbitrarily removed its original audio when editing it. The school, though not terribly interesting, has Selkirk Park, some forbidden fields at the back, and had an abandoned little plastic pool tub. I filmed that for the ending segment. So you know what? My time here did turn out to be reasonably fun after all. Though travelling to the Cachet Park schools from here wasn't. 😣 I was supposed to head south through Selkirk Park, and make my way to Cachet Park with a straightforward route, but boy. 😵 I wondered around some places before getting to Blackfriar Avenue, and then the Cachet Park schools. Thankfully, I did not get terribly lost, nor did it take long to get back on track thanks to the maps.



Assuming you read the post for Brooklin Village, you'll know that getting here was quite the interesting quest. 😅 From the video's ending segment and commentary on the others, you'll know that I was also so glad to see that both Blair Ridge and - blah! You know the story already so let's get right to discussing my experience with this place: it had some nice things to photograph, and walking around it wasn't horribly dull, but if I must be honest, it was uh, am, um, a little boring. 😁 Nice bench and flowers, Blair Ridge. And nice houses, Blackfriar Avenue. How much do they cost? Nope! Not actually buying or renting a house here. Now what about your Roman Catholic brother north of you? How fun is he? Is he better than you? Holier than you?!😬 We shall see! 😜



Here we are at the final school I visited that day, during my East Brooklin Schools adventure. And yes, I must say that I actually liked this place. The building itself and nearby surroundings were interesting to film and photograph. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a difference between Cachet Park and Wilshire park, but they may not be the same thing? Or is it the same park with two different names? If this is not the case, the part of it closer to Blair Ridge may be more correctly Wilshire Park, while the area closer to Saint John Paul II is Cachet? No, perhaps the parks closest to the roads with the same name would likely be the case.😵 Hard to be 100% certain if you're not familiar with the area. Why does this matter? Because this played in important role when travelling from Blair Ridge to this place, so it may very well have been on a billboard that I probably even filmed, but may have disregarded it at the time. Oh well. Even though the parks were present in the videos, their respective stars were the schools, and not the parks. Hey, while we're on the topic of parks, I should mention that John Paul II's nearby park had a water spout active, since it was so hot that day. Didn't film that, because the last thing people need is to have someone make them sweat even more with my powerful/great/dangerous/weird/mysterious/childish/controversial/bewildering/haunting/rough presence! 🤣😂🙃 Gosh, I just had to didn't I?

Saint John Paul II Catholic School  - Filming The Ice Cream Truck! 😝
This video was actually supposed to be in the original Saint John Paul II video. What happened? I forgot to include it. 😖 I know. So as a result, I ended up editing and uploading this brief segment today, and now I'm here blogging about it. Why did he make that left turn on Princeton Court? Or was it Cranborne Crescent? Hopefully the latter, because the maps tell me that there's no exit on Princeton Court, unless I forcefully scared him into making a left turn with my presence, then alright. I see how it is. Wish I remembered to include this in the video, but oh well. At least I didn't let it go to waste, though perhaps, I should have considering how I forgot to turn down the EV setting which resulted in the video coming out artificially bright. 😵 Ouch. At least frozen sweets taste good. Well, some of them. 😐

What's Next & Other Ramblings

Wow! What a long entry! Did you read all of it? Stop lying! No you didn't! Or did you, and am I the one being accusatory? The only way I'll know is if you tell me, but even then, you could be lying through your teeth. Be truthful. Anyways, so you know that my ultimate plans between now and mid-October is to get back on track with proper, timely, corresponding uploads, with their corresponding posts. For instance, if I film some videos over the weekend, then they ought to be edited, up on YouTube, blogged and posted on social media all before Friday. Not lapsed into the next week which has resulted in the "Choas" that I'm currently in. 😭😣😖😰😱 As a result, I will not be filming videos during the September 30 - October 1 period, as I need to make the unedited, older videos a priority, rather than filming more and making the load even harder and heavier. Quality versus quantity. Time management, consistency and punctuality are key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment