Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 4th Labour Day Entry

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                   2017-09-04


September 5th Post-Labour Day Entry

*It was Labour Day at the time of this writing, but I didn't finish this in time for it to justify that title, so I've changed it to reflect reality.
Today, is Labour Day in Canada and I believe the U.S.A? There may be other countries that are celebrating it too, but I'm not 100% sure about that. What are my plans for Labour Day? Well, nothing special. I went places on Saturday and Sunday, but don't have anything extraordinary planned for Monday. Let's discuss the latest videos on the channel. Wait, before we do that, I think I ought to address that slide that pops up right after the silly intros....
So yeah. First it was the issue of accidentally filming in 4K at All Saints Catholic Secondary School, running out of space after filming Colonel J.E. Farewell Public School, didn't have a paperclip to remove my Lumia's microSD card tray, and now the lack of OIS in a bunch of the latest videos? 😱 Not good! Really need to look into getting a good 128GB microSD card. I'm thinking of going with the SanDisk 128GB Extreme PLUS, Samsung Pro+ 128GB, Samsung EVO Select 128GB or maybe even the Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB. We'll see. 

So you've seen the video, but how is the screen holding up for me? Very well. The screen truly is an ultra clear, premium plastic as both the company and reviewers who've used this product claim. I'm really glad to see that it's holding up to it's high standards. Ok, so it's only been 12 days since I've had it at the time of this writing, but if you've had any doubts about it, I can tell you that it's very good. And since this was used on a Nokia Lumia 1520, I should also talk about potential screens issues associated with using screen protectors on this device - none! That's right; none for me. Some people have claimed that putting a screen protector over the Lumia 1520 will cause it to act weird, or worsen the phantom touch problem if the phone has it. Thankfully, my phone does not have that problem nor did it act weird. So the takeaway is that it is not normal for the Lumia 1520 to behave crazy when you put a screen protector on it! It should function like a normal phone! If it does have the phantom touch issue, or otherwise misbehaves from digitizer related issues, then it means the you need to get the screen digitizer replaced. Period. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: It is extremely risky and unwise to use a smartphone without a screen protector, so buy one from a reputable brand if you haven't at this point! ☠


So even though it was alarming to see the 4K video of this school eat up my Lumia's internal storage, I loved the sharpness, but hated the shakiness and frame skipping at some parts. 😖 Complaints aside, this place was fairly interesting to explore, with the building itself being a large place to walk around. Then there was the track, Donald A. Wilson across the street and a lot of other things to see. Oh yes, and now would be a good time to clear up something that wasn't brought up: at the end of this video, Donald A. Wilson Secondary School (sort of), and Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, why did I use the footage of me walking to these places as the ending slide, rather than have them in the beginning like usual, with a skipper slide for those not interested in seeing the walk? Because I felt that it was already bad enough to have a wordy excuses slide, and then show those that may have taken the time actually read it a skipper slide. "Oh my gosh! How much crud and excuses am I going to have to through on ine video?!" You might say. Therefore, I omitted it until when the time came to edit Colonel J.E. Farewell Public School, I realized that I could have easily solved this dilemma by simply putting the time to skip to on the intro image I used at the beginning of the videos. 🤦🏾 I know. Should have been an extremely obvious solution. Anyways, enough of that and let's go ahead and discuss the high school that neighbours it from across the street.


Ok, so to get this out of the way, that giant white thing was indeed a dome. It's called the Whitby Dome and it's a part of the Whitby Iroquois Soccer Club. Should have been obvious, but oh well! Anyways, so like it's Roman Catholic counterpart across the street, Donald also had a fair bit of things surrounding it that made it interesting to walk around and photograph. It had the dome, and an interesting sports field that I explored in the ending segment, and some other nice areas. So! This brings it down to the ultimate question: which of these two high schools was the more interesting one to explore?  I..... apparently don't know. Sorry. 😐 Alright, I gotta give the edge to All Saints Catholic Secondary School. 😅


You know? I think this might just be my first time filming a Jehovah's Witness Kindgdom Hall. I've done Roman Catholic Churches, Adventist Churches, Community Churches, Reformed Churches, Methodist, and Latter Day Saint Churches, but don't recall ever covering a Jehovah Hall. Have I done Presbyterian, Anglican, or Orthodox churches yet? Don't think so. There are tons of other denominations out there, and plenty in Canada that I haven't filmed yet. For now, let's just discuss this particular location in Whitby. It was a small, but nice place to film and photograph. The area was surrounded by a lot of greenery, and is very close to Otter Creek and a trail that I assume shares the same name. Don't quote me on that though! 😐 Though the gentleman that happened to be there didn't know where it was when I asked him, I was able to find it very shortly after coming towards Rossland Road away from the property. 


So who exactly was this J.E. Farewell man, and what did he do so significant to earn himself that title? I have no idea, and like me, you probably don't care? As we can all see from the beginning of the video, the front looked as though it were recently paved, but thankfully, it was hard enough to walk on. Still, that was a risky move. 🤐 Anyways! This place was an average place to explore. If you read the All Saints entry from above or watched the video, you'll know that this is where the storage on my Lumia became so low, that I had to film the ending segment on my shakes-like-an-earthquake BlackBerry Q10 camera! 😰 Seriously, that thing shakes so ridiculously bad when you walk with it! Like holy smokes! If you can recommend me a smartphone that has extremely good optical image stabilization for people that like to film while they're walking, please! Tell me the name of it! I suspect that it's probably the Google Pixel or iPhone 7, but let me know what else. Can't believe I had the guts to bother making videos with that garbage for so long! Well, truthfully, I could have just stuck to games and commentaries, but no! I really wanted to incorporate outdoor videos, so I just made the best with what I had. 👌🏾 Anyways, on a final note, Guthrie Park has proven to be a good choice for using it as the ending segment, rather than doing my traditional on-the-spot rotation. There's nothing "spectacular" about it. Just found it to be a pleasant place to walk through.


Looks like a familiar title right? Well, that's because there's an Oshawa location called The Salvation Army Oshawa Church. So now this leads to the following question: how many Salvation Army churches are there? Who knows... Based on my time spent filming and photographing the locations of both churches, I can tell you that the Oshawa location is the larger of the two. With them both being Salvation Army churches, they also have the same emblem, as you'll see down below the photos. How did I like it? Well, it didn't have the space and hills that the Oshawa area had, so there wasn't a ton to film, but plenty to photograph. The Mcquay Boulevard & Bonacord Avenue location it sits at was quieter than the Thornton & Rossland area.


When I was first looking into this place, I was like "Wow, this looks like a small dealership" When I got there, it really did appear to be fairly small. That is, until when I did the Honda video and discovered that they had a new extended lot where they keep additional vehicles. Makes sense. For this to be the only Mercedes-Benz and SMART dealership in the entire Durham Region, there had to be more to it in order to explain the number of Mercedes and SMARTs I see on the road sometimes. And of course, they're obviously not as common as pickup trucks, but for a luxury brand, I do see them a fair bit in some areas. Oh yes, and did you personally know that SMART was German?! I didn't figure that out until I believe two days ago! 😱 For all these years, I've never looked into it, nor have I even been curious about it, because I dislike that brand. But after filming this place, it made my curiosity rise a little more, which lead me to the interesting discovery of learning that it's German. Wow. So for German cars, you have Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Porsche, BMW and apparently SMART. Who would have thought? Maybe you knew that, but I didn't. This is what I like about doing these videos: it allows me to have a better understanding of the cars I see everyday, by seeing them up-close and in-person, with plenty of them next to each other for accurate size comparisons and trim details. While we're on the topic of cars, when will the Mercedes-Benz EQ come to Canada? You know, that all-electric crossover of theirs that they've been talking about? I'm hearing rumours of 2018 or 2019, but could that really be true? Should be interesting to see! 


Honda! One of the most famous Japanese automakers around, so it was only a matter of time before I covered a Honda dealership. This one was conveniently located right next to the Mercedez-Benz dealership, making it easy to head over to it and get business done. As you can expect, there were a lot of Honda Civics, minivans and Honda Ridgelines. Other models were plentiful, but I don't recall seeing any Acuras at all. Maybe I missed them? Maybe there was none to begin with? Who knows. I'm aware that while some Honda dealerships do have Acuras in their inventory, Acura happens to also sell by itself in dedicated dealerships, like how Lexus doesn't sell with Toyota, and how Infiniti doesn't sell with Nissan. Anyways, it was a large lot with plenty of vehicles to choose from, and in many colours. For some reason, I felt that it was going to have mostly grey and white vehicles, which it did, but offered more blues, reds, and even dark purple and hidden greens, than what I thought. Unlike the Mercedez-Benz dealership where I was the only one checking it out, the Honda dealership had a few others checking out some of the cars. I wonder if they knew that the video I made of the place was about to turn into a comedically-edited tour? 😜🤣 Probably not, because they hardly even batted an eye or did not care as they were likely too busy looking for golden Acuras! Kidding! They just wanted to take a look at them in-person and then drive away in their Acura NSX 2017. No, they don't actually have that. Or do they? Ok, that's enough Acura shenanigans for one post. Wait, one more! When will we see a full-sized all-electric Acura pickup truck??? 🤔 2025 or never?

Other Ramblings & What's Next?
Alright, so let's be honest and just come out with the fact that I'm annoyed at how I did not finish this on the same day that I typed this! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Ok, finished raging. 😁 So! I normally do not explicitly tell you what exactly is to come for the videos, but because I already made a strong reference to it in one or most of the videos above, I might as well spill it: an unboxing video, Captain Michael Vandenbos Public School, Saint Luke the Evangelist Catholic School, Williamsburg Public School and Cochrane-Whitburn Trail. "Oh my gosh! Why did you just spill everything so openly?!" Some of you might say. Well, I already mentioned that I was supposed to film the schools north of Country Lane and Rossland, so it was already leaked anyways. You could argue that not everyone would have known that, or that not everyone watched or paid attention to the moment when I said that, but hey: some of you will pleased to know exactly what's to come this week, especially if you're actually familiar with those places, or enjoy unboxing videos. If you're curious about what I will be doing outside of YouTube related business, you'll be bored to know that I plan to carry on with day-to-day things. Why is it raining now? Anyways, I'm out! Yay the sunshine came back now! 😎🌞








No comments:

Post a Comment