Monday, August 28, 2017

August 25th Entry

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                  2017-08-25


August 25th Entry

Heh... Heh.... It's a sunny Friday evening at the moment I typed this. 🌞 But due to time contsraints and other things that need to be done, I won't get this uploaded today. 😅 But that's ok ugh... Not gonna end up doing this week's "homework" for next week like how I've already done earlier this week, so I'll just proofread this sometime over the weekend to avoid the painful dilemma ➡ Nope! Ended up having to do this on Monday. 😏 Anyways! So what's going on for this entry? Well, I've got three outdoor locations to discuss and some other topics like usual, so let's explore that!

So this is the 1st outdoors location that I've tested with the new smartphone. So how was the experience with the Lumia and location? Great! I was a little bit concerned about how the optical image stabilization would work, and how well the 20 megapixel camera would fare, but it did not bring disappointment for the most part. What I don't like is how noisy low-light photos and videos come out. I suspect that it may be due to the light scratches the lens has on it, but oddly enough, well-lit areas and photos used with flash on come out great. Either way, I do plan to hopefully get the camera module swapped hopefully soon. Now for school itself! Walking around Charles-Garnier was an average experience: nothing super cool, but not boring either. With it being located at Baldwin Street and Broadleaf Avenue, there were tons of surrounding shopping outlets and restaurants, and lots of cars zipping by. I singled Swiss Chalet out as one of the places that most notably caught my eye, as well as Walmart. I also made it clear that I wasn't hear to dine or shop, but to film and photograph!😁📸 Oh, and here's a fun fact: at the beginning of the video, there was supposed to be a segment in the beginning with me showcasing the Nokia Lumia 1520, and how I was excited to put this big, bad boy to the test. But it did not happen. Why? Because I forgot to include it, and now it looks like I deleted it. Joy. 😒 Not that a big a deal, but would have been great to get it included.


Ohhhhhh, Robert Munsch! I'm sure much of you read, or had your teacher or parents read at least one of his books to you while you were younger! Smelly SocksMurmel, Murmel, MurmelMillicent and the WindMakeup MessMmm, Cookies!, and so many more! Of course, with his popularity, fame and vivid stories over the decades, a lot of people will have their opinions on him. Some good, some not so good. One common accusation I hear about him, is how he'd allegedly write his books while he was high or drunk or something. I've commentated on that during my video, so shortly, but I'm not exactly sure when, I decided to actually look up this guy. For the first time after all the these years! What did I learn? Well, a lot of things... No, he does not smoke weed before writing his books, but has a rather interesting past. Not going to discuss more on that, as I'd like to now take the time to discuss the namesake school. Robert Munsch Public School was a fairly small, but fun place to explore. I don't recall seeing any playgrounds or other bells and whistles that some of the other elementary schools I've visited in the past had. What it did have, was clean, presentable grounds, and a nice front area with "kindness rocks" and gorgeous plants. You can check them out below!😄


Ah, yet another Whitbian automobile video. This time, it's Audi time! You know? I remember the days when I used to pronounce it as "Aw-dee" only to learn that it's "Ow-dee". 😵 Wow, those days. Unlike Mazda which I don't have a great interest in, Audi is a brand that I have great interest in. In fact, they are my favourite German automobile manufacturer, with Porsche following a close second. Why? Because they look so damn good, luxurious, sporty, cool and confident. That's why. In the poll which appears in the call-to-action around the 7:27 mark, I ask you about which Audi model is your favourite. For me, that would be the Audi E-Tron Quattro. "What?! But that isn't even on the roads yet!" You might say. Well yeah, it isn't. But that doesn't mean that I can't say that I love the looks and the fact that it's going to be an all-electric SUV!😛🤑🤑😛 Y'all know by know that I'm big fan of SUVS and pickup trucks, and that I'm an even bigger fan of all-electric powertrains! To see one of my favourite brands make a proper sized SUV powered by electricity is something very exciting! I do wish that it would be as large or even larger than the Audi Q7, but whatever. It'll be decent-sized, and has great ground clearance, so I can't complain too much about it. As for this dealership, it's not the biggest Audi dealership around as it's also shared by Volkswagens, which they have much more of. For that reason, we can say that they focus more on Volkswagens, but that doesn't mean that don't they have a decent selection of Audi models for you to shop around for.
Yo! Cell Cases USA! Where my cases at?! I ordered 2 cases on Monday, August 14, and still haven't seen them yet! They say that shipping into Canada is supposed to  take 6-10 business days, so they should have been at my house by Friday, August 25! What is going on here? If Monday passes and I still don't see them or any updates on the tracking, I'll have to send them a complaint about this situation, because they shouldn't be taking this long. Anyways, case business aside, you can expect to see an unboxing video of the 3-Pack iLLumiShield - Screen Protectors, and several outdoor videos. Speaking of outdoor videos, I should talk more about how I'm getting along with the new Nokia Lumia 1520 camera. For the most part, I'm loving it! The only thing I don't like is the indoor photo quality and lowlight settings. In those environments, it produces images and videos with too much noise. I don't know if it's because of the light scratches across the lens, but if that were the case, how does it manage to take such beautiful photos outdoors? Either I'm not using correctly, or -- wait! I already mentioned my camera experience above under the Charles Garnier section, so I won't bore you with that. I'll just say that having optical image stabilization is my favourite part! Seeing how much of a joy and a blessing it is, I won't buy another phone without it!
Up until the 3rd weekend of August 2017, this has been the thing I've been using to shoot my outdoor videos.🤦🏾😬😱😵😳 I know. An ancient, dual core, 2013-released, 8 megapixel, non-optically stabilized BlackBerry Q10.

Now, I've got my hands on this 20 megapixel, optically stabilized beast!🏆📷📷🏆


Salesmen Section
Alright now it's time for a special moment where I get to be a sketchy salesmen and sell you some narcotics! Totally kidding! 🤣 As you may or may not know, this blog is supposed to be monetized with VigLink. As a result, the VigLink Publisher Development sent me the following message on August 22, 2017:

Seize your summer with the hottest products! Incorporate these top-selling products into your content and take advantage of VigLink-exclusive deals. And remember — gift guides are always a great way to engage your audience. For more tips on how to create a successful gift guide, see our past post, “How to Create a Successful Gift Guide for your Blog.”

So! Rather than bombard you with a whole bunch of garbage, I'm only going to mention 3 products that I'd actually buy, and why you might like them too.

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Men's Shoe
These do also come in black, so if you're not a fan of white shoes (who isn't?) or just simply have a preference for black, then you need not worry. I personally prefer white shoes given a choice between the two shades, but that's just me. So why would I recommend the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG? Because they look very cool IMO, and have that Nike logo loud and proud.😤

LG V20 US996 64GB Unlocked Smartphone (Unlocked, Titan) 
The LG V20 is no stranger to me. A little back, I actually briefly played around with this smartphone. The photo above was taken during my time with it. I loved the large screen and high quality metal body. What makes the LG V20 so special is that it looks like it's the last Android flagship to ship with a removable battery. That's right; the upcoming LG V30 will not have a removable battery! Many of you probably don't give two rats about that, but just saying. 😐 The removable battery has gone R.I.P. for 98% of smartphones relased in 2017. The US996 is the US Cellular variant, so don't buy this thing if you're on a CDMA network like Verizon or Sprint. For GSM carriers you should be fine. Always do your research and check compatible bands though, just in case. Never hurts to be extra sure!

Galaxy S8 Screen Protector [2-Pack], iTURBOS Full Screen 

Because I've seen it, I can tell you that the screen on the Samsung Galaxy S8 is gorgeous. That's why it would also be a good idea to protect with it a good screen protector! Some people apparently like to use their smartphones "naked" meaning that they do not use a case or screen protector on their gadgets! 🤦🏾 When I look back at the scratches and damage my screen protectors took over the years, I can tell you that it's not a good idea to leave your phone's screen exposed to all the potential dangers of scratching, scraping and falling. At the end of the day, it's your choice how you choose to dress your smartphone, but if you want it to last, you might want to give it some clothes if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment