Friday, November 25, 2016

November 25, 2016 Uploads

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                               11.25.16


November 25, 2016 Uploads

Wow. I uploaded 4 videos to YouTube today, and I can't believe how unbelievably fast they hit the servers! Seriously, for four videos that totalled 65 minutes combined, I don't know how they hit became published in less than two hours! Crazy, but good! As I've noticed, it may very well be the fact that this batch doesn't include an outdoors video, which tends to bog down the speed for fairly obvious reasons. Anyway! Let's get on with the following: Testing Three Microphones, Flappy 2048: Flapping Into The Future!, Asphalt 8: RUF, RUF! Can You Hear Me Clearer Now?, and Retro Runners: Running Retro Style!

I said it in “Amazon Unboxing: Seagate Portable Storage & Blue Snowball Microphone” so now here is the entry for the test video. How did these microphones fare? Well, with the exception of the built-in microphone, Parrot and Blue Snowball did pretty damn well, and even though the built-in microphone was noticeably the worst of these three, the audio is still half-decent when turned up high enough and wearing headphones. Now, I mentioned that both the BlackBerry's microphone through the use of the Parrot application, and Blue's Snowball fared very well, so does this mean that the Snowball was a waste of $69 CAD? Certainly not! As clear as Parrot was, the Snowball still wins this contest for three reasons: one, the audio quality is better. Two, the microphone itself has more controls and is more flexible. Three, it did not distort the audio or make my voice skip! This alone can be a serious make it or break it point, especially when you consider how annoying or ridiculous it can sound! Thankfully, it did not happen too often, but it did happen about 3 times or so. As bad as the on-board audio is compared to these two, at least it does not suffer from this audio distorting or skipping issue thankfully. Blue Snowball> Parrot> On-board. Microphones aside, I must also mention that editing this video was so painful and laborious! Producing it wasn't too bad, but even though it was only just under 30 minutes, but yet it took closer to two hours to finish!!! Why?! Because there were so many trips, slips, goof-ups and butchered tongues in this video. This resulted in steep, time consuming editing. Even then, the segment with the English words was unfortunately extremely awkward… Draught is indeed pronounced as “draft” and colonel is indeed “kernel”, but I've been too oblivious for too long to realize that. Oh well. My English pronunciation just isn't as good as it should be for a so called native speaker, but it's not cringing awful either. Don't laugh at me. If you laugh at me, I'll laugh right back and make you turn red, then blue and finally back into the dust you once were! Ok, I had to quickly come back to this section to mention something important: leaving the parrot application running in the background, outside of it's frame to attempt to record audio will result in complete silence, or off-sync audio for commentary videos. Been there, done that, WON'T do it ever again!!!!


Yes! The first game I tested with my Blue Microphone just had to be a flappy spin-off, because why not? So what makes Flappy 2048 so “different” is that you play as a winged cube with a number that keeps multiplying by two, every time you fly into the matching cube, with the matching number in the pole. The problem? The numbers become exponentially big after a while, so reading them can become more challenging, adding to the fact that the poles will start to move once you reach a certain number! To play this game, it helps to be mathematically aware of multiples of two, and to have a fast pair of eyeballs! If you don't have either of these, then you'll have an extremely hard time with this game! Oh, and you also need to be capable of telling colours apart, because sometimes different numbers can have nearly identical colours, which can cause you to fly towards them if you don't read and flap to the correct cube fast enough! Yeah, yeah, I know most people will probably think I'm being silly or weird for mentioning such things, or think that I'm overcomplicating the sound of this game, but just try it for yourself and you'll see why I had to mention this.


For real though, can you hear my voice and the sound effects clearly and crisply this time? The answer to the question above should be yes to anyone with at least average hearing capabilities, but as mentioned in the description, it's best to turn up your volume or wear headphones to enjoy maximum quality. If you've never seen it yet, the idea of this video harkens back to the older video “Asphalt 8: Ruf, ruf! Can You Hear Me Now?” Only now, both the frame rates and audio quality have been improved! Yes, I've been only boasting about audio a lot, but I can't believe I forgot to mention the fact that the frame rates used to be TERRIBLE, until I figured out that it was the save location doing it, and NOT the processor! Oh, those days! Experimentation and progression can only get you so far, but sometimes you need to actually invest in things, in order to truly go further. Now for the session's gameplay. Quite a bit of focus on the RUF RT 12 S, since the title does mention RUF, but I also tried the Lykan in China for some big earnings and the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento before choosing the RUF in London. All segments went smoothly, though London did take a couple of attempts before getting a clean run in each race. I wish I could have successfully executed more barrel rolls in Barcelona, but as least I didn't wreck from attempting it. I believe I also mentioned how I wanted to do more tricks in China's Great Wall as well.


It's refreshing to record something different, so that's why I went with this over Run In Crowd when I was contemplating on choosing both, or one or the other. Because I didn't end up doing it that day, you can expect to see a video on it hopefully next week, but anyway! This entry is about Retro Runners, so let's discuss it, but before we do, I need to mention the issue with how I forgot that those things are called hurdles! Actually, did I have to bring that up? Like anybody cared or noticed anyway, so let's just not bother with that! With Retro Runners, you must run through various tracks in various levels, jump or dodge obstacles and stay hydrated! Sounds fun? You bet it is! You even get to earn points to unlock various characters, all of which look like retro, colourful polygons! The graphics, frame rates and gameplay were very smooth too, so this made the gaming experience with this app even better. In this segment, I only played with Turbo Jones and Alex Windrunner, so if ever decide to do another episode in the future, I will buy some girls and boys unlock some more characters. Oh, and one more thing: this game is available on Android and iOS as well, but I'm not too sure about Windows 10 Mobile.



So now that I have my hands on a “studio quality” professional, Blue microphone, I hope to do a lot more controversial (kidding! Partially….?) commentary videos and gaming videos in the future, alongside the usual outdoor videos. Let's just hope the Snowball has a long lifespan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment