Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 17, 2016 Uploads

GuuzakaTube                                                11.17.16

November 17, 2016 Uploads

It is the 17th of the November. What's special about this day? I don't know. Maybe it's your birthday, wedding, party day or something? Anyways! It's time to talk about the following recent uploads: Oshawa Central Collegiate Institute [Exterior Walkaround], Asphalt 8: Farting On Donald Trump and Amazon Unboxing: Seagate Portable Storage & Blue Snowball Microphone. Let's get to it!

So when I went to Oshawa, I decided that this place would be the subject for my video there. The sun was setting, as you can tell from the video, so I had to be a little quick in order to prevent the quality from faltering from the lack of light. Aside from shakiness (and excessive sniffles in the beginning) I'm satisfied with how the video turned out, and the fact that I was able to film for a little over 10 minutes. The presence of a trail, a creek, train tracks in the distant, abandoned looking gardens, and its many curves and corners makes this place interesting to walk around. At the same time, some of these attributes also made it feel a little eerie, and the fact that it was getting dark, helped to push that feeling even further. Still, Oshawa Central Collegiate Institute was an interesting place to film. The timing was also different from the usual glaring daylight shootouts. Maybe you'll like that, maybe you won't.


Laugh out loud! This title is indeed trolling at its finest! But why, you might wondering. Who, what, when, where, how and why was I inspired to make such a ridiculously, goofy, daring video with such a title? Well, y'all probably know that I'm not that fond of Donald Trump, if you've seen a few of my tweets and one of my recent entries, but you know what? He's the official president of the United of America, and he's going to be in that position until 2020-2024. Worse, there's nothing you can do about it, so you'll just have to pray for the best, move out (one of the more extreme options) or just poke some fun at him. Interestingly, I do not even live in the United States, but unfortunately(?) their economy is heavily tied to ours, so if he damages the economy too badly, then Canada and Mexico will feel some (or a lot!) of the pain. But anyway! There's been so much hilarious jokes, memes and running gags about this guy, and I was itching to join in on the fun, so I mixed the idea of mistreating Donald Trump with Asphalt 8, and boom: Asphalt 8: Farting On Donald Trump was born. Because this was such an American situation, I went with an American theme and raced with the Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Viper and Ford Mustang. Would've loved to include the Ford GT, but it's too bad the grossly outdated BlackBerry 10 version of the game doesn't have it. Oh well. With the exception of the Mustang race, which I mentioned did take several attempts, racing and recording was the easy part, but finding high quality relieved sighs and fart audio clips took a little work. And then there was audio syncing; my favourite thing – NOT! Despite my great detest for it, the audio synced up well, though next time I could probably work on not leaving so many awkward pauses in my narration! Ah, creating this video was so satisfying! It had me laughing frequently throughout the creation of it! I don't think Donald Trump will ever see it?



Yes, this is my 1st unboxing video on the channel, so my camera setup and angle may not have been the best, but I think it turned out alright. At last! There's a reason why those words are the 1st thing you see in the video's description: it's because a microphone has been long overdue! Seriously, look at all those cringey gaming videos I made in the past! Actually, for that very reason, don't look. Spare your ears the misery of the atrocious audio quality in many of them, and take my word for it. The audio in many of my gaming and some of my commentaries has been utterly disgraceful! The only way I could change that is if I were to invest in a good microphone, so I did. Hello, Blue Snowball. I also wanted needed a USB device with enough storage so I could safely back up all of my files onto one device, unlike in the past where I'd often have to back things up onto several USB sticks. No more. I'll now hopefully be able to save a copy of my all things in one location. Now obviously I do not plan to keep all of my eggs in one basket, as that would be stupid, but it's great to know that I finally have something that can hold nearly two terabytes worth of space. A huge step up from my 32GB Sony USB stick! As you can tell from the writing and the video, I still have yet to actually try these devices, so I can't tell you how well they perform, but I'll get on that soon. With Amazon doing a so called “Early” Black Friday sales period, I was able to buy the Seagate Portable Drive for $109.00 CAD + Free shipping and the Blue Snowball for $69.00 CAD + Free Shipping. Unfortunately, the HST costs drove the total cost of these two to $204 CAD! Lovely. Still, these two particularly have thousands of good reviews, and I'm excited to have them, so I hope they won't disappoint!


The Lost Video........

Did you know? That there was supposed to be four videos uploaded today? Actually, make that five. And did you also know, that those videos were supposed to be filmed before all those other ones? Well, now you know. Technically speaking, the 1st video that was originally supposed to be filmed, wasn't “lost” hence why the subheading reads “The Lost Video” as opposed to “The Lost Videos”. So, what happened? The 1st video, the one that wasn't lost, took place at a time that wasn't deemed appropriate enough to film, so I didn't even roll the camera out. The 2nd video... oh, the 2nd. Well, the phone unfortunately wouldn't stop restarting itself every time I tried to fire up the camera. Extremely frustrating! Worse, the few minutes of video that I did manage to capture went to waste, because the freakin' file wouldn't even open! Wow! Absolutely unacceptable! Battery swaps did not fix the problem, so that day I just felt like not bothering with filming, but I continued anyway. I went to a different location. By then, the phone decided not to randomly reboot itself. While I was aware of my device rebooting irritatingly out of the blue, I have never had such alarmingly bad luck with this thing while filming outdoors. Never. There was one other time where it did shut off, but it was also -7°C making that somewhat predictable. Even then, it lasted a good while before that happened. The day when I was filming the lost video was +7°C, so there's no reason for it to just throw such a violent, excessive, temper tantrum! None! Part of me is telling me to go back and attempt to film that place again, but then another part of me is very scared about me going back up there, only to suffer the same ominous dilemma. I've tried to look into the problem, but don't know if it'll do it again, so I'll just have to be extra cautious and perform different steps. Definitely need to get a new camera/smartphone soon, because I'm getting tired of this ancient junk's erratic foolishness. Sick of it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment