Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October 18th Entry: Western Brooklin Schools

2017-10-17                                                                                                   GuuzakaTube


October 18th Entry: Western Brooklin Schools 

Today's entry is about the schools I've filmed west of Baldwin Street in Brooklin, back in September. I'll also be discussing two dealership visits and that "strange" thing I've mentioned in the last entry. It's now time to dive below and learn about my experience with these places!🌊⬇


During the weekend when I went to visit these places, which was September 23-24, it was very hot. Like about 32°C I believe. 🏜☀ Yeah, you can just imagine how much water I lost from walking up and down the streets of Brooklin to film and photograph these places, but it was still good fun. While Meadowcrest itself was an average place to explore, it does happen to be very close to the Whitby Public Library - Brooklin Branch  and lot of other places east of it, due to it's proximity to downtown Brooklin. Probably would have been a good idea to capture some of these other places while I was walking to Meadowcrest, but I didn't start the camera until when I was almost at Montgomery Avenue & Vipond Road, where the billboard was. I know. How lame and boring of me to not capture Brooklin's small town scenery, but at least you can enjoy another thing that was close to this school - Renaissance Baptist Church! Read below if you're interested.


Did you know that I almost forgot to film this place? Nope, you wouldn't know until you read this entry! 😝 The reason being is that I was too focused on walking to Saint Bridget. This place did not cross my mind until when I saw it, and remembered that it was on the list of places to explore that day. Now, as you can see from the video, or if you know the place already, it's a small building. So as a result, there wasn't a ton to film or photograph. Therefore, I can safely say that it's a boring place to walk around. 😁 Mind you though, this is a place of worship, so the inside and the messages that they speak, would be the real areas of critique if I were to truly assess this place. Then again, I could say the same thing about the schools for their interiors and quality of teaching, so you know what? I'm sorry, there has been more interesting churches to walk around. But again, just because a place is boring to walk around, that does not actually make it a bad place itself.


So after travelling west on Vipond Road, north up Darius Harns Drive, I found Saint Bridget Catholic School. And yeah, I know this has nothing to do with the adventure itself, but it's really quite a bummer about removing the original audio. Oh well. Not going to ramble about that. Instead, let's talk about Brooklin's nice houses. No? Ok, let's talk about Saint Bridget. Saint Bridget is a Carnwith Park school located west of the park, while her secular counterpart, Chris Hadfield, sits east of it. So what's Saint Bridget like? Average I guess. I know, I've been saying that a lot for many of these schools lately, but it's just the truth. Many of them just haven't been as interesting as some of the other schools I've done in the past. That's not to say that they suck, though I've admitted that some of them were straight up boring to walk around, they're just not as fun. Well, Saint Bridget does have a nice front entrance and Carnwith Park, so that's a plus. Now, why did the camera's frame rates slow down significantly in the later part of the video? Well, I suspected that it's either the heat from filming in 4K for over 10 minutes, or the file size after that limit? I don't know. Wait, Windows Phone 10 doesn't have a limit on 4K video recording, so long as there's space? Don't quote me on that one because I'm not sure how true that is. I know that on my BlackBerry Q10, which obviously doesn't have 4K, I can only record 1080p for about 35 minutes before it fails. So I'm wondering if other phones have that 4GB file size limit too?  I think it has do with things like whether the smartphone's native system is NFTS, FAT32, 32-bit, 64-bit and other technical things like that. 


So now that I am finished discussing his Roman Catholic sister, it's time to talk about Chris himself! How was he? Well, first thing's first, I wasn't pleased about resorting to using my shakes-like-an-earthquake BlackBerry Q10 camera to film this place. You'll know the reasons if you've watched the video, so I won't bore you about them here. Actually, you probably don't even need to watch the video to figure out why, but it would be nice for you to do so anyway. 🙂 Watch it! 😝 Now, Carnwith Park isn't a terribly interesting park, nor is Chris Hadfield the most interesting place, but those hills and some of the parts around the building weren't too bad. What's kind of odd is how you don't see the name written anywhere on the building. Or was it there and I missed? 😳 If I actually showed myself recording that, and go on talk about how it didn't have it, this once again shows how - ok, I won't go there. 😅 So why did I give this school such a synthy, "girly" intro and outro again? 


Subaru SUUUBAROOOOOOOOOO! 🤣😂😅😝😜🤗 Yeah, I know. Those are the very words I wrote for the description of this video. Don't believe me? Click on the link in the title above to see for yourself. Oh yeah, and watch the video while you're at it, in case you haven't already. Interestingly, despite Subaru being a common, mass produced, everyday-ride type of brand, you don't see very many Subaru dealers around. Why? I don't know. Either they don't sell as much as their other Japanese counterparts, or maybe they just prefer to focus on fewer dealerships to concentrate in other areas? Who knows. Now for this dealership, I was honestly under the impression that it would be small to medium-sized, but behold! I ended up filming these things for over 10 minutes, and was able to get a lot of photos of various cars, due to it's unexpectedly large inventory. Excellent! I like it when these dealerships have lots of cars. It just makes it so much more interesting. And of course, it allows for more comedic edits. 🎭🎠 So now that I got to see a bunch of these Subarus up close and in-person, I can say that some of them look really grumpy and ugly, while most of them just look average. Better than Toyotas, but nothing stellar. And it's that time where I tell you which model I'd like to see most electrified from a particular brand: the Subaru Outback. What are the odds we'll see an all-electric Subaru? I don't know. Subaru is one of those brands I don't have great interest in, so I actually had to quickly research "Electric Subaru" to learn about what Subaru will do in the electric game. Thankfully, it looks like they have plans to launch all-electric cars by 2020-2021, which is honestly kind of far, considering that's it's 2017 right now. Well, I guess 3 years isn't crazy far, but not that close either. It's just great to see that this medium-sized company plans to put out electric vehicles so soon, while others like Fiat Chrysler Automobiles don't. There may be some other slackers out there, but it's just that Fiat Chrysler is so easy to poke jabs at! 🤗


At last! That "weird" figure I've vaguely mentioned from the last entry! Here it is! A random little house made of cement, located somewhere on Dundas Street West. Darn it! I should've taken better note of my surroundings so I could give you a better idea of where it is. For now, I guess I can just say that I discovered while I was heading from the Subaru dealership, and going eastbound. I also recall taking a few pictures of Around The World Designers Fashion Boutique, so it's likely close to that shop. Does it have something to do with it, or is it possibly even something historical? I don't know, but since the raw footage of it was only 28 seconds, there's not much more I can really say. If you do plan to check it out, be respectful towards it. I know that should be common sense, but given it's random, "out of the way" location, you never know. Then again, with all the cars (and occasional cops) that pass by, it should be fine.



No beating around the bush, there's something I need to tell you: this Toyota dealership is not a place to casually visit. It has some scary warning and stop signs on the property to remind you of this. One of which could have potentially set off an alarm! 😱☠☠😱 So there, that's why the video was unusually short. Did I know about this? Nope! I only discovered it after briefly filming the place, before leaving to avoid potential triggers. Seriously, out of all the dealerships I've filmed to date, I have never seen anything like that! I'm sure there are dozens of places like that, but this would be my first time actually seeing it. So because I've already discussed Toyota, what I think of the brand, which car I'd like to see electrified from them and such from September 29th Entry: The Upload Chaos, let's take the time to examine why a dealership that sells such average Joe, massed produced Toyotas, has such serious measures in place: Crime. Well, of course! Why else? Given it's awkward location on Dundas Street, there's nothing immediately right next to it, except grass, empty lots, and trees. Actually, there are some residential streets neighboring it to the east, and then there's the White Oaks apartment complex a little further, so hmmmm... Perhaps people in the past would often try to break into the cars, vandalize them, and only God knows what else. During the nighttime in a location like that, you can just imagine how people would have gotten creative to snag a Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Prius, Corolla or whatever they may have been after. Now there's no guarantee that this actually happened, as this is only my speculation, but it's safe to assume that possible past crimes, and the semi-bushy location likely drove them to put these measures in place.


Did you know? That on the same day where I covered the schools east of Baldwin Street, that I had also intended to do Brooklin High School? Yes, that's right! If you've seen the Chris Hadfield Public School video, you'll know that I was "forced" to film it in 1080p with the BlackBerry Q10, whose camera shakes like earthquake. I had honestly wanted to do Chris Hadfield in 4K, but resorted to just using the Q10, because it was really close to Saint Bridget, and didn't want to pass up the opportunity, all because the Lumia 1520 ran out of storage at that time. Because Brooklin High School was a little further, I decided to scrap the idea. Not only have I already filmed it in the past, but I also didn't have much water left. 😐 Yeah, and it was about 32°C too, so that wouldn't have went well. Will I return to Brooklin to do Chris and the High School in 4K? No. Why should I? Are they really that special? 😜 Certainly not! Anyways, so what's next? Two videos that take place in Whitby, 3 videos in a region I've never filmed videos before, and a gaming video. Wait, didn't I say that games and commentaries were off the pipeline for October in the 

October 11th Entry? Why, yes I did, until when an update came for a particular game that I really wanted to film! Stay tuned to find out!😎🎮


GuuzakaTube


No comments:

Post a Comment