Monday, October 3, 2016

September 30, 2016 Uploads

10.03.16
September 30, 2016 Uploads

For this late entry, I'll be discussing the videos that I uploaded 3 days ago: Touring Sir Oliver Mowat Collegiate Institute [Exterior], Charlottetown Park & School, Pickeringian Chrysler Dealership [Jokesler] and Pickeringian Ford and Lincoln [Immaturity]. Let's get to it!

I wanted to film another high school and add my commentary this time, so I chose Oliver Mowat. Why this place? Because I was walking around the Port Union area, so it made sense to check it out while I was there. As you can tell from the video, I wasn't overly enthusiastic about it because the building's looks and grounds did not have anything special going for them. I don't know what this school is about or what the theme is, but I can tell you that according to the Google reviews, it's a bummy, miserable place to be. Then again, a lot of schools tend to have bad reviews even when they're actually decent, so it's hard to tell if the complaints are legit or not, so I can't comment on how good or bad Olive Mowat really is. Only an honest person seeing the video would be able to tell you the real story. Despite the relatively boring appearance it was still an alright place visit, and because it had two parks behind it, this gave me an opportunity to shoot another video in the area: Charlottetown! No, not the city in Prince Edward Island.


After leaving the Oliver Mowat grounds, I headed over to the park across the street behind it. There were lots of kids and people playing around, but I also saw another park a little further up, and that's where I discovered that it was Charlottetown. Prior filming the video, I walked around the entrance of it briefly to decide if really wanted to film it or not. I then went back to the sign, gave it a few more minutes to make the decision, and then I rolled the camera! The tall hill with trees on it was one of the reasons why I decided to go ahead and do this, because I wanted to see what was behind that hill and get a better view of the area. I made my way up the hill, looked around and didn't see much exciting things, so I eventually went down to the area near the public school. I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually film that place, but at the same time I didn't want to put the camera down just yet. I also didn't want to go back to the park that didn't have much to really see or do either. Before you know it, I started wondering around the public school, which I predicted would have been Charlotte Public School (was actually Charlottetown), and continued with the commentary. Small school, small perimeter, so it didn't take very long for me to walk around it, but it gave me more things to talk about and film. The painting was quite nice and you can see it in the video thumbnail. After I was done with the school, I made way back to Charlottetown park, went on the hill and concluded the video in front of an apple tree. Mind you, even though you hear me ramble about how uninteresting the area is, it's not actually a bad place to visit. The openness and hills can make it fun for you, your family, your friends and pets. After all, there's a reason why it had visitors aside from myself. Oh, and one more random thing: I got to see a 2015 Maserati Ghibli that day, and then shortly a 2016 Tesla Model S. Quite the eye treat.


As the silly name suggests, I visited the Chrysler Pickering dealership to film Rams, Jeeps, Chryslers, Dodges and random used cars in the inventory. Now, this dealership does not carry Fiats, but who cares? For those that still don't know yet, Fiat owns Chrysler, but it took a while for them to make up their minds about whether they want to sell the mini Italian cars alongside their American counterparts. You can see them in some Fiat Chrysler dealerships, but not all. The Fiat Chrysler Automobiles portfolio consists of Chrylser, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Maserati, but to date, I don't think there's a dealership that actually sells those brands all under one roof. Alfa Romeo and Maserati probably think they're too luxurious and good for their cheap counterparts, but I still think it would be awesome to actually see a dealership in Ontario that would sell all brands under one roof. In fact, it would actually help Alfa Romeo and Maserati get better sales, because it would be more exposure for the two struggling brands, and allow people to get to know them better in person. Anyway, that's enough rambling about that, so let's get onto the Pickering dealership itself! This dealer, as you can tell from the video, has Ford and Lincoln neighbouring it, so this allowed me to conveniently make two videos that day, and I decided to do Chrysler first. Seeing that red Dodge Challenger with black race stripes was one of the highlights of the video, which also received a hilarious edit! Sadly, that Challenger happened to be the only Challenger there. There weren't much Dodge Chargers either, and those that were there, weren't Hellcats. I then remembered that Hellcats have a very hard time staying on their lots because there's so much pent up demand for them. In fact, it was so bad last year that FCA had to tell dealers to stop selling Hellcats to people when the inventory was empty. The Brampton plant could only spit out so much. This year though, I think I heard somewhere that they doubled the production to satisfy the demand. Another vehicle I wasn't able to find were Durangos. These things look so cool when their massive racetrack taillights in the dark! Aside from some of the cooler missing cars, it was still a great dealer to explore. This dealer had a lot of minivans and Rams though, that's for sure! Now about the “Jokesler” part of the title... um... I'm sure you can see why it garnered that warning in the first place... *snicker* The Ram 2500 Laramie Megacab is my favourite vehicle from this company, but it's too bad it has poor reliability... like most of their cars. The Maserati Levante and Dodge Durango are cool as well.


I've done Chrysler, so now it's time for Ford! Like most Ford dealerships, this one thankfully carries the Lincoln brand which makes it more of a pleasure to film and photograph. This dealer is full of trucks and SUVs which isn't surprising, considering that these are huge profits for the company. Especially the Ford F-150! Like the Chrysler side, this dealer wasn't very big, but they sure managed to get a lot of vehicles onto the lot! You can see me in some parts dodging tight corners to avoid getting pinned between the cars. There weren't very many Lincolns, but considering that they are luxury cars after all, that shouldn't be too shocking. I did get see reasonable amount Lincolns, and the Lincoln Continental was especially wonderful to see in person. When I first saw it online as a car to be released, I instantly considered it to be hands down the best looking vehicle in Ford's entire portfolio. One of my gripes I have with the Ford Motor Company is that I find many of their cars to be so ugly, but the Lincoln side of them is not only luxurious, but happens to have better looking vehicles. That said, the Ford Mustang, especially the Shelbys with race stripes, look amazing. You can hear me make a complaint about the lack of Lincoln Navigators, because I wanted to buy one – kidding! Though if were to go shopping that day, I'd request a red Lincoln Navigator.



Last week, I did not get around to playing Asphalt 8. This week, I did not get around to playing and filming any mobile games at all! What's going on? Did I quit or something? No, I did not. I'll try to see if I can film a game or two this week. Last weekend, I didn't get around to filming anything outdoors, thanks to the rain. If I ever get my hands on a desirable waterproof phone, I'd definitely like to try a rain video some day, but not now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment