Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 18, 2016 Uploads

ATA1201058                                                                                                                           10.19.16
October 18, 2016 Uploads

It is now a little more than halfway through October. Wow! Feels like the month has been running through its days rather fast, compared to September which for some reason felt a little slower, but I don't why. Anyway! It's time to discuss the following videos that were uploaded yesterday: Asphalt 8: Lamborghini Urus Bathes In China, Kiwi Wonder: My 1st Nightmare!!!, Yoshi's Story: Be Surprised! and Bowmanville Adventist Church: Touring The Exterior.

It's obvious enough, but the title is revolved around the unfortunate incident, where I was racing with my Lamboghini Urus and tried to pull off a flatspin and land on top of the temple, but ended up coming off! It was a little disappointing and annoying, but it did end up inspiring me to give the video a funny title, so I made light of this unfortunate event and turned it into something a little more hilarious and positive. What bugged me more than that was the inability to sync up the audio for this race. It wasn't terrible per se, but certainly not good. My gameplay itself also wasn't good, and I even ended up down the wrong tunnel at one of the parts to make the segment even more facepalm worthy! Sheesh! During the next race I went to Monaco Reverse Elimination with the Class A cars, and chose the Ferrari LaFerrari just because it's so awesome! The audio was nicely synced, but I probably could have spent less time hitting walls, and more time driving like a Ferrarian boss! Still, at least I manged to come first, wreck a few computer players and avoid getting wrecked. The last race I chose for this episode was the track in Season 8, in Barcelona Reverse with the Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning. Now as you can recall, I was determined to pick this race because I wanted to accomplish a certain goal, but what was that goal?! Well, you'll just have to go back to my old, crappy video from 8 months ago, titled: Asphalt 8 gameplay 1 to see it: a wreck! I wanted to complete this track without wrecks, and successfully pulled it off! YES! But now that I mention it, how much have I improved in terms of both gameplay and video production of this game? Truth is, looking at that older video and my most recent one, there's certainly not a stark contrast between the two. The newer video has a bigger, flashier logo, narration, original audio and no wrecks on screen, so yes, I have improved in certain areas, but there's still room for improvement, especially in regards to audio quality and racing.


You heard my roaring rant in the video, so you should very well know what my first nightmare was all about, but if for some reason, you read the blog posts before the videos, then it's basically me talking about how angry I got when my phone shut off with about 15% of battery life in it! What the hell?! Why?! And to make things worse, the video did not save. Period. Not even up to the point where it cut off to make things even more insulting and rage inducing. Oh well. Time was running out, so I quickly just resorted to doing another segment. Ranting, negativity and phone irritations aside, I must say that this game was well put together. Artwork and graphics were smooth and neat, animations well done, it was colourful, it was fun to play, it was cutesy, and it was simply putFunkoi! These guys really know how to make a good BlackBerry 10 game! Some of the titles are also available on Android as well, but I'm not sure about iOS or Windows 10 Mobile. Kiwis are flightless birds, so when Kiwi Wonder sees birds flying, it makes him very sad. So sad, that he ends up crying himself to sleep. Sounds depressing? He ends up dreaming a dream where he can fly, and it's up to you to make sure that he keeps dreaming about flying, without it getting interrupted by constantly crashing into enemies and falling! Thankfully, I think I did a decent job at keeping his dreams sweet, and this is further proved by the fact that I managed to unlock a new track. Speaking of that, how many tracks are supposed to be there anyway? I've played the game for about 20 minutes, so I wasn't able to quite discover everything, and then me playing the game for the first time doesn't help either. Anyways, this game was great!


Quite surprising I chose to play this game, isn't it? Not really. I did a test with my BlackBerry 10 Gameboy Advance emulator, so it was only a matter of time before I tested the Nintendo 64 emulator. I don't have much titles on it, so I decided to go with Yoshi's Story to keep the test fun, easy and uncomplicated. The game ran well and syncing up the audio also went well. Speaking of audio, the audio in the video sounds a little muffled, but surprisingly good in my opinion. Could still be better of course, but I liked how it turned out for this video. I kind of wanted to do a story mode run, but because I wasn't sure about how well the game would function, I steered clear of the idea. I can tell you, some of the places can experience some pretty bad frame rates! Will I do another episode with story mode? Who knows. For this episode, I decided to go for a run in Page #1's surprise course. Ah, such a fun, nostalgic, Yoshi experience!


In this video I explore Bowmanville's quiet, mysterious, Seventh Day Adventist church. For real though, the intersection its located at doesn't have a lot to see around it, and is pretty rural in nature. I was also surprised to see that it did not have anyone present at the time, given that it was a Saturday. Then again, it was also around 3-4 PM, so I guess it's because they left long time. Splendid! So with that out of the way, I proceeded to walking around and filming the church. Closer towards the back, you can see that I discovered a shed full of some unknown things, but presumably garbage. It didn't take me very long to cover the perimeter, but yet I still did not feel like putting the camera down. Why?! Because I felt that I had to cover some more things within the area, so I started wondering away from the property going eastbound along the grass, behind the trees, wild flowers and gravel. It didn't take very long before I decided to stop, talk about uninteresting things, and turn back. So what happened next? I decided to finally call it quits in front of some cube filled with a mysterious blue-grey liquid. What was it? I have no idea, but I'm sure the pastor of that church probably knows! Considering (and coincidentally?) that this church is located on a road called Lambs Road, they could have went with the name Lambs Seventh Day Adventist Church, which would be fitting in a way, considering that the lamb often represents innocence and harmlessness in Christianity, but it seems like they decided to go for a name that represents the community. Not suggesting that they change the name, as it's fine the way it is, but it's just a random thought that came up while I was reading over this entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment