Monday, August 8, 2016

August 07, 2016 Uploads

August 07, 2016 Uploads

In this entry, I'll be discussing the four videos that are currently being uploaded at the time of this writing: Trans-Canada Trail: North of Regional Road 28, Asphalt 8: Five Fantastic Fly-throughs! (Normal Version), Asphalt 8: Five Fantastic Fly-throughs! (Spiceaphone Version) and ChromaSphere: An LOL of a Demonstration! Yep, that's right; for a change I'm typing up the entries before the videos are officially posted on YouTube. The reason behind this is that these videos were supposed to be uploaded between the 1st and 5th of August, but because I slacked off heavily and didn't end up typing, nor uploading anything within that time frame, I've decided to do both today, so that way I won't feel so clustered and loaded coming the following week. No, nobody is forcing me or hounding me to upload X amount of videos by a certain time, but I don't feel proud about chronic slacking, procrastination and deadline skipping, so that's why I felt like I had to do this. Now on with the videos!


Ohhhh, at last! I finally trekked this place and got it filmed! I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I originally intended to actually come to this part of the trail before filming the strip directly north of the strip south of Highway #2, but decided against it due to schedule conflict. Besides, it kind of made more sense to start from the south and make my way north, rather than to jump from the south one week, fly north and then fly back to the centre. Not a big deal, but whatever. So what was the trail itself like? Well, getting here was quite an adventure itself! Lots of gravel sidewalks, construction areas and all uneven grass patches can make it a challenge to walk as of August 2016, depending on where you're coming from. Unlike the strips to the south the were minutes away from one another, this one is located at Regional Road 28 (should probably just say Rossland) to the north and is close to Riverside to the south. So wait a sec... Didn't the central part terminate at Riverside? Yes it did. It sounds like it's close, but if you take a look at the map, you'll see that it's not that far, until when you realize that there are no safe crosswalks at the Riverside and Rossland intersection, so unless you're feeling brave or stupid, you'll have to trek out to Church and Rossland.... from Riverside.... which is going to feel like forever. This strip is by far the easiest to trek of the three, as it's entirely paved with asphalt and is surrounded with a beautiful field, with a lot of wild flowers, which you can see plenty of in the video. And let's not forget to mention the transmission towers! So, does this make the northern strip the most boring of three? Not in my opinion. Sure, it doesn't offer any challenges or any “wow factors”, but it's pleasantly scenic and great for cyclists who don't feel like damaging their tires, and long enough to give you a good walk, but it's not so long that it'll leave you completely exhausted. Unless you're out of shape of course. Oh, another thing: you can also access it from the intersection north of Church and Hurst, but I probably wouldn't recommend it accessing if from there, unless you live on Hurst Drive due to the undeveloped nature of that portion. Well, Riverside and Rossland is currently “undeveloped” too, but at least it's being worked on and will be fixed soon.



In this episode of Asphalt 8, I tackle the Great Wall with a Lykan HyperSport, Tokyo with the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Venice with the Pagani Huayra, the Alps with the Bugatti Veyron and Barcelona with the RUF RT 12 S. It was originally supposed to be 6 tracks, so I originally named the video Asphalt 8: Half a Dozen Tours, until I realized it was only 5... Why? Playing the Venice track successfully with no wrecks was soooooooooooooooooo time consuming, that by the time I got it right, there wasn't any time left during the day to film a 6th track. Excuses? Maybe, but there are many other things that had to be done, so I couldn't afford to fork out too much time to a game. Now that that's aside, there was originally supposed to be only one video entirely dedicated to special effects, but I figured that it makes sense to also do a normal one, so the idea of that has lead to two videos: a normal version with narrations and a jazzed up version titled Spiceaphone, completely under special effects with about 4 or 5 of Moon Hooch's excitable saxophone dance songs. The songs used are the following not necessarily in order: Alien Invasion, Red Sky, That's What They Say and The Thought. I wanted to cover as many tracks as I could within the day to see how they look under the threshold special effect. Anyone watching my videos can easily tell how much I love to employ special effects in nearly all of my videos, whether they be gaming or the vast outdoors. This turned out to be awesome! I think Venice is my favourite track under this effect, but certainly not to play on! Ironic. The hardest track that nearly made me want to quit and rage down the street, made me the happiest after tossing the special effect in. Crazy! This just goes to show that sometimes when you really feel like quitting, and feel as though you'll just never succeed, don't. Keep going and remind yourself that there's a reward at the end of the road. In this case, awesome footage and over 4,000 Asphalt 8 credits.


ChromaSphere is a complete 3D action and arcade game with puzzle elements made for the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 devices. Using the accelerometer and gyro, steer the sphere to the end of the level within the bronze, silver and gold times to win medals. Let me repeat that for myself: steer the sphere to the end of the level within the bronze, silver and gold times to win medals!!! Gosh, this is why you really need to read things in order to succeed and go far! Reading would've done wonders for me, but I didn't remotely consider it at the time, so I went ahead and made a horse of myself while demonstrating the game. Not good! But you know what? It was still lots of good fun! Along a list of other games, I may consider redoing it with better gameplay footage, but won't make any promises. The game has amazing graphics, loads and runs smoothly on BlackBerry 10 devices and is overall a highly entertaining game, so if you own a BlackBerry device give it a shot! I think it's also available on Android and maybe iOS and Windows Mobile 10, but I'm not 100% certain.
Edit: It is available on all mobile platforms, except Windows 10 Mobile it seems. Kind of odd.


This video belongs to Joseph Criniti, and man is it odd/interesting! The sight of a Lamborghini is generally rare in most places, but to see one towing goats is twice as odd! I actually saw and heard a black Lamborghini last week, but it certainly wasn't towing goats, or anything for the matter! Most people buy these cars pretty much to show off their wealth and status, as well all know how impractical they are, but this guy wanted to do more his? Some say that it may have just been fashion statement, but one commenter interestingly (and likely jokingly) states: “When your Range Rover has a flat battery and you gotta take the goats to the vet" Hilarious! So if you're rich and your luxurious SUV or truck fails, just use a high performance car with enough horsepower and towing capabilities to get the job done! Lamborghini Urus, could that be you? Or what about you, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso

No comments:

Post a Comment