Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 12, 2016 Uploads

08/12/16

August 12, 2016 Uploads

Once again, I'm typing up the entries for my videos while they are being uploaded, so that a new week doesn't creep up on me and have me forced to finish last week's homework. Not a fun position to be in! Anyway, I should probably stop mentioning that, and head onwards with my videos uploaded on the date mentioned in the title: Highway Life, Asphalt 8: The Unfamiliar Roads, Flippy Bird 3D: Your Polygonal Protagonist and My African Knight.

In this video I went out to Regional Road #29 to film cars speeding by on the Highway of Heroes, or what most Ontarians just simply call the 401. I've been inspired to do it for over what may be a month or possibly two, so I finally got it done last weekend. Originally, I was actually thinking about filming from Whites Road or even Brock, but ended up choosing Liverpool because it had more scenery to it. Take note of the pedestrian bridge, the train station and high rise buildings. These are just a few of the interesting things to see at this particular interchange. As mentioned in the video, I filmed the first five minutes in 720p @30fps, while the last five minutes resumes to regular 1080p, which ended up looking better in my opinion. There were some honkings that also occurred, and it didn't really look as if anyone was doing something of disapproval on the road, so it had me curious as to whether or not some drivers were aware of someone filming from above or not. I highly doubt that's actually the case, but maybe they did notice, and perhaps wanted me to notice (or not notice!) them as well? Who knows for sure. You shouldn't have your eyes up towards the sky while driving, so let's just dismiss this non-sensical assumption and assume that they were honking at donkey drivers.





Boy! Racing on 6 unfamiliar tracks in perfection sure ain't easy, but I got it done. In this episode I race in Iceland with a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Iceland Reverse with a Dodge Challenger SRT8, The London Eye with a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4, French Guiana with Koenigsegg Agera R, French Guiana Reverse with the Ferrari LaFerrari, and finally Nevada Reverse with the Audi RS 4 Avant. Even though I mentioned it in the description and annotation already, I need to stress it like a repetitive robot once again: that car I called a “Lexus” is not a Lexus! It was an Infiniti FX50 (also known as the Infiniti QX70)! I don't know why I didn't use my eyes, but oh well. It's fun and important to race on tracks you don't race on very often, because it helps to sharpen your skills and even challenge your brain when you take on unfamiliar tracks. This was very apparent in Nevada Reverse and French Guiana... You of course didn't see it happen on camera, but the amount of painfully stupid mistakes I made was unreal! You'd think it'd be Iceland, because you hear me complaining about it the most, and I still do rank it to be harder, but those two got me in some very special, unexpected ways. After racing on them I no longer consider them to be hard, but it certainly reminded me of why it's important to play on variety of tracks more often, rather than only choosing the quickest, highest paying tracks most of the time. If only Season 8 offered at least one of each track, before offering repetitions, but it's too bad it doesn't.... After the month ends, I plan to max out my remaining Class S cars and maybe some Class C and B cars, so I can play on more tracks in a quicker, easier, more exciting fashion. To conclude the Asphalt 8 ramblings, I should rank the tracks from least to most difficult: Iceland Reverse (Class C Elimination), The London Eye (Class B Elimination), Nevada Reverse (Audi Vs Alfa Romeo), French Guiana (Koenigsegg Classic) French Guiana Reverse (Class A Classic) and Iceland (Lamborghini Classic Season 8).

Another Flappy Bird spin-off! Woohoo! Flippy Bird 3D offers an extremely close concept to Flappy Bird, but in 3D! So this means that you tap the screen and must avoid falling or hitting yourself on gates. As I thoroughly explained in the description and the video itself, this game offers amazing full qwerty support, so if you're rocking a BlackBerry Q5, Q10, Classic, Passport or Porsche Design 9'883, cough up and 99¢ and give it a shot! I believe that because the BlackBerry Priv is a qwerty phone, it should work on it too, but I can't say so with 100% certainty. This spin-off isn't hard in my opinion because the character doesn't drop super fast, nor do they rebound to ridiculous heights, so it shouldn’t be too hard to get past a few concrete gates. On top of that, you can also grab golden squares that will sometimes appear near the top of the screen to shrink your purple bird, and make passing even easier. It's only a temporary effect, so be careful and cautious! The inspirational story behind this game is pretty neat: the developer was inspired by the original flappy bird and wanted to create something for BlackBerry 10, since at the time there were no good, native flappy spin-offs, so he stepped in to fill that void! It's always nice to see a developer show some love to underappreciated platforms like BlackBerry 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. Speaking of platforms, this game is available on all four major platforms in their respective shops: BlackBerry World, Windows Store, Google Play and iTunes. Again, not too often you see something like that. Most of the time it's just Android and iOS, and occasionally Windows. You can checkout FileArchiveHaven's Flippy Bird 3D Sales Trends from March 2014 here.


My African Knight
With a name like that, you would likely assume that this is an adventurous role-playing game, but that was not the case.... All it was, was just a fancy game of tic-tac-toe with a beautiful beach backdrop and nice music – until I turned it into a dramatic, serious event with my narrations! No longer is it about peacefully playing tic-tac-toe at the beach in Africa, but I embarked on a perilous journey in order to save my African princess from the brutal King Polomashwashe in Lesotho! Going through those deserts, forests and such wasn't easy, but it had to be done! Each tic-tac-toe game you saw was actually a concealed, savage, brutal fight with my enemies! And boy, they were very skillful too! They unfortunately got me so many times, that it came down to the point where I eventually made a final, desperate, risky move that resulted in my downfall... you saw the sad, emotional, ending so I need not say more...

Who are we kidding?! When the camera stopped rolling I got right back up, and KO'ed that monster! I kept travelling through Africa while defeating many enemies and bothersome animals, until I eventually found King Polomashwashe and annihilated him! I then rescued my princess and we lived happily ever after! Hakuna matata! Now for some details about this game: it comes from developer HecaWorld unLIMITED and was actually a boardgame played in Africa. At that time, the developer said that it was often drawn on paper and played with friends and families as way to pass time. You place your seed on the board and move it accordingly when it's your turn. Read more about it here.


Not meeting my deadlines complaint
I think I'll go back to typing after the videos are uploaded, so that way I can link everything straight away, but in order to make this happen without straying into a new week with last week's old work, I must try to have things done by Wednesday or maybe Thursday at latest. This means that I'll need to record the videos, edit them, upload them, annotate and card them accordingly, discuss them and then post it on social media within a more timely fashion. I already explained here that nobody's pushing, forcing or holding a gun to my head, but I believe that if it weren't for constant personal procrastination and chronic slacking, that I'd be in a much better position with my personal deadlines. Of course, I don't have to upload videos every week, but when I do, I'd like to follow a better schedule. Despite what you see in my outdoor videos, I actually value quality greatly, hence why I'd rather complete the process a little late and have things done in the best quality I can, than to rush it and do things half-baked. Ideally I'm going to aim to do it all: Quality, consistency and timeliness. All I need to do is believe in myself. It isn't even just about videos. Being consistent, timely and hard working extends to a lot of things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment