Monday, January 9, 2017

January 09, 2017 Solo Upload

GuuzakaTube 01.09.17

January 09, 2017 Solo Upload

That's right; just a single video for this entry, but why? Well, I guess I would've had an outdoor video up if I wasn't feeling under the weather over the weekends, and as for gaming videos, I wasn't able to get around to it. Thankfully, I did manage to at least get one video done last week, so let's go ahead and discuss Leo P [Discussion and Commentary].

Leo P [Discussion and Commentary]
Well, I honestly don't really know what to talk about for this entry, because everything is already pretty much said in the video. I don't also think I really have much other additional details to mention either, because the inspiration and desire behind making the video was also mentioned as well. Well, I guess I can talk about production of the video and then the future of Lucky Chops itself. The video itself was actually relatively easy to make. Drawing the faces did not take as much time as I thought, so that was an awesome relief of something I worried about a little. But of course, audio syncing as you'll know from reading earlier entries of mine, is something I dislike and have previously been horrible at, but I have since come such a long way! Audio syncing went well for this video, so it's nothing like the disastrous garbage you may have seen from earlier in 2016. Another interesting fact is how lightning quick the video uploaded to YouTube. Seriously, for this 10 minute video, it only took around 10 minutes for everything to process. Wow! Quite different from the hours I'd normally have to wait, but then again, it is only one video with a few slides, and static frames, so those are also additional reasons for why the upload was so quick. Now about Lucky Chops.... Honestly, while the band members themselves were very understanding, friendly and positive about Leo's departure, I honestly feel like things might be a little shaky for them, if the comments on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram prove to be an accurate indicator. Of course, people usually naturally HATE change, so them being disappointed at first I guess is natural, but when you have some people saying things like “Darn! I bought tickets to see Leo!” or “This band is no good without him” that's a little concerning, isn't it? I mean, internet comments aren't everything, but you also have to remember how passionate these fans are, and how they love to film and take pictures with the Lucky Chops, so that could be a problem. Now, the Lucky Chops aren't stupid, so I'm sure they've done their homework and are aware of what could happen, so one thing's certain is that they'll now be visiting more countries than ever, and their talent certainly hasn't disappeared. While many might bemoan the loss of Leo, you have to remember that he isn't all there is to the band. Of course, that sentence itself is highly subjective, but it's true. The other members are bright, talented musicians as well, so they may actually benefit slightly (or greatly?) by having more breathing space and more attention directed to them, and will definitely benefit by no longer having to worry about “mansharing”. However, as I say in the video, I strongly believe that they should replace Leo with another talented baritone saxophonist that fits the group's personality and style. This is to fill the void of the bari sax voice many loved, and were used to hearing. Certainly not a move to rush, but should be done sooner or hopefully not much later.

What about Too Many Zooz? What would you say about them?” you might ask. “Which of the two bands do you think will become bigger?” For the first question, they'll now have more time to get their work and projects done, and they'll be able to grow and focus more as a trio of musicians. For the 2nd question, I honestly don't know. In fact, I don't even know which of two bands right now, or back in 2016 I should say, was supposed to be bigger? Actually wait, if my memory serves me correct, the answer that question would be Lucky Chops. Here's why: they have a larger following and views on social media, they're a larger group to begin with, and have had more shows and tours than Too Many Zooz. So with that said, they're the “larger” band of the two, in not just size, but popularity. I'll conclude this by saying that it'll be interesting to see how both bands progress, though as you'll know from the video, I am more biased toward to Too Many Zooz, but I wish good luck for both bands.



Happy 2017 New Year!






Happy 2017 New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment