Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January 16, 2017 Uploads

GuuzakaTube                                                                                                              01.17.17

January 16, 2017 Uploads

Oh, ho ho ho ho! With only two videos to discuss, it was a seemingly light week, right? Wrong! Read on to get the full scoop of 20 Minutes of Cheap Special Effects With a Tim Hortons Red Velvet Cookie, and the supposed-to-be-familiar Some Bush Trail that Connects to Concession Road #3; 2017 Winter Visit. I honestly wanted to record some gaming videos from last week, but gosh! If only I'd practice better time management!

Why did this cookie cost me $1.49? Sometime ago, weren't these things like $0.99 or possibly even less? Or was it because this one is a fancier variety? Who knows. Now it's time to answer the burning question that many people probably must be wondering: why in the world did you make this video and what is the point of it?! Because I can. Ok, truth is, I don't know what I was thinking when I did this, but a strange idea just randomly came to to film a cookie from Tim Hortons, and then funkily fill it with a whole bunch of random special effects and filters. The results? Editing took FAR longer than I anticipated! WHEW! Editing this 21 minute video ended up taking me 2-3 hours! Paaaaaaaaaaaa! It felt like it wasn't going to end, but I did it. I was determined to actually entertain the idea of doing this, went out, bought the cookie and filmed it, so I made myself endure the tedious process. Worth it? I don't know. I got play around with a lot of things and experiment with some things that I've never done before. Oh, and let's not forget the bonus – cookie tearing and eating! Ahhhh, so it wasn't so bad after all? A cheap video that allowed to wildly dish out filters and effects to the max, and then got to enjoy the subject right afterwards. Nice. Real nice. Another thing: this video initially had a spinning segment that lasted a minute, but for very obvious reasons, this was removed in the final good copy before publishing it to YouTube. That would be way too trollish and bad for people's health, had I kept it in there. I had that removed to allow us to enjoy the red velvet cookie star. Either way, the video itself is kind of a trollish tease video, but harmless.


So yes, as you'll recognize from the title or commentary of the video, I came back to this place to film it better. If you've seen both of the videos before watching this, there are some notable differences. The first time I filmed this place back in the summer of 2016, I actually continued out to 3rd Concession. This time around, I took a path to my left and ventured out deeper into an alternate part of the forest, that also happened to bring close to a body of water. Speaking of this, after doing research in between while typing this, I've discovered that the place I was in was called Valley Farm Ravine. Makes sense. So while I was travelling in that direction, I was indeed wandering further south into the Valley Farm's forest and ravines, while west was going to bring me into Grand Valley Park, which I was aware of. While I do have plans to film Grand Valley forest at some point, I just really wanted to make a better video of that bush trail, which now that I know the name, I might just re-name the first video to Valley Farm Forest Ravine: Following The Path Straight to Grand Valley and re-name the 2017 video to Valley Farm Forest Ravine: 2017 Winter Visit. Yeah, I'll do that right after I finish this. So! How was the trip this time? Well, the video didn't turn out so rippled like the last time, but thanks to the numerous uneven ice paths, it made navigation tricky sometimes. It also made the first three minutes or so bounce off a lot, to the point that I wondered if it were going to make people motion sick if they saw it? Probably not, but I still ended up actually asking that for the video's poll anyway. LOL! The hills, trees, beautiful creek and many paths in this place made it a very nice forest to film and explore, but my “old man” camera isn't very fond of the cold, so I ended up only filming a little over 20 minutes of it, which honestly isn't too bad, but would've been nice if I could have done more. Actually, the video probably would terminated around 19 minutes, but because I determinedly pushed it, I ended up getting around 23 minutes of raw footage. Don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner, but if I had swapped that battery, I would've been able to go further. Duh? Should that have been obvious? Yes, it should've, but you see, I was there thinking that it was just the phone throwing one of those temperamental fits it threw back in 2016. I finally took notice of the fact that even when it powered off without showing the “turning off device” message, it'd often show a big, red, “scary, empty battery across the black screen, meaning that it was depleting hard and fast because of how harsh and cold Canadian winters are. So truth is, that 2100 mAh battery honestly stood up like a champ, considering that it's now 3 years old! Wow, time flies! So for another time, I should throw in a fresh battery and see if that allows me to film an additional 20-30 minutes. I shouldn’t continue to let the 1st attempt of the Sinclair trip continue to let me make such assumptions without trying, so I'll just try and see what happens next time.



I plan to maybe record 2 or 3 commentaries videos this week, and an outdoors video of course. I haven't uploaded a mobile gaming video since the 26th of December last year, which means that it has been 22 days since! WHOA! I should try to play or game or two, but because these videos aren't a priority for me, I don't know if it'll happen this week, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment