Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 1st 2016 Uploads

July 1st 2016 Uploads

In this entry, I'll be discussing the four videos that I uploaded on the 1st of July (Canada Day!) which are Asphalt 8: London glitch and icy drifts!, Temple Run – Slipping like a total klutz!, Tunnel X – Dance and dodge the electrical gates! and Turtle Spin – Dashing through the grass.

In this episode of Asphalt 8, I play in Nevada with a Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning, London again with the French super car Buggati Veyron, Monaco with the Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA and in the Alps with the elusive Pagani Huayra. With it's many twists and curves, the Nevada desert track can be very demanding and hard to play with cars that have poor handling, so that's why I chose the Silver Lightning – because it handles badly and makes it perfect for testing my skills! It took a lot of drifting and careful manoeuvring, but it overall wasn't too bad. London is where things were a little interesting. What interested me to choose the track again is because I saw a YouTuber performing a glitch in the water at the ramp close to the end of the track, so I wanted to see if I could try it for myself, and surely it worked! Most accidents or submersions cause you to be pushed back, but not this one! Try it and see how much time you can save. The Monégasque run was a bit of a joke. It took a few tries, but I pulled it off and eventually came first with the maxed out MiTo. If you ever want to try it without boosters, I recommend that you destroy your rivals as soon as you can! They're particularly vulnerable during the winding road portion of the track. The last track was supposed to be done in Iceland, but I changed it to the Alps. Iceland is exceptionally difficult to win without boosters and super fine handling skills, but I'll try it again soon. Maybe in the next Asphalt 8 episode? A lot of Class S cars just seem very awkward when drifting in Iceland, but some are better than others. I believe I originally used a Lamborghini Veneno to win all the stars, but it wasn't maxed, so how could my maxed out cars fare worse? My fault? Poor drifting cars? Not using enough nitro between the gaps? I'll have to test this again at some point and come to some serious conclusions about this.

Ah, good ol' Temple Run. Everyone knows or has very likely played this game at some point, as it and Subway Surfers are among the most popular endless runner games. It was only a matter of time before I gave this one a shot. There may be other popular titles that I haven't mentioned, and there is another interesting one that I do have on my phone that I will upload in the future. Now if the title isn't obvious enough, I didn't fare too well... I mean I wasn't horrendous per se, but certainly not good either. Another challenge is playing this on BlackBerry, because if you swipe up with a stroke that's too long or too powerful, you'll exit the game. Thankfully, this never happened to me, as I've been gaming on Android apps for long enough to master the trick, but you can clearly see when I trip sometimes due to me not swiping up hard enough, out of fear of exiting the app. Does this make BlackBerry 10 devives atrocious at swipe up games? That solely depends on your skill level, reflexes and confidence. You can be really good, or really bad. Mind you, not all the trips you saw on screen were done out of fear. Some were just my fault for not paying attention, or jumping at the wrong time, which delivered face palm worthy results! Temple Run is a very good game, so I'll have to try Temple Run 2 at some point and upload it. ImangiStudios also has a lot of other running games to try.

Being a Funkoi game, the graphics and gameplay were really smooth. Unfortunately, a lot of people in the reviews dismissed this game as being boring, repetitive, monotonous and not as good as their other games like Eyebert or KiwiWonder. While it isn't as fun and adventurous as a game like Eyebert, it's by no means a bad game. It's still awesome and it really tests your reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Remember what I mentioned about swiping up with long strokes? It's an issue in this game too, so if you're playing on a BlackBerry 10 device it makes it more challenging! I didn't have this problem, because I've mastered the trick of swiping up without exiting, but I won't be overconfident, because if you're not careful you can end up leaving the application, regardless of how skilled you claim to be. It'll be worse if you're a novice though... much worse... Anyway, if you like graphic rich games, dance music and reflex testers, then you'll enjoy Tunnel X. Swipe north, east, south, west, dodge the electrical gates, dance (not literally unless you're that good!) and you'll have a good time.


A platformer game coming to you from John Brower. The premise of the game is incredibly simple: collects coins, grab power ups, jump over cliffs and dodge your enemies. Despite that, it's pretty fun and some even say that it has a Mario feel to it. I don't blame them. After all, the shell looks just like a Koopa's shell and one of the power ups allows you to get super-sized and crush all the blocks and enemies, the same way you do it in the Mario series. Based on the cues, it seems obvious the game is intended as a fan-made a spin-off of the Mario series. It also seems like it may possibly be an endless running, platformer, but it's hard to tell. There are levels based on the distances you travel, so I'm not sure if it eventually ends, or if it goes on to infinity! Or maybe just level 100? Who knows. One thing's certain is that the further you go, the faster the enemies come at you, so be aware of this and don't let them catch you off guard! You do have lives that allows you to respawn, but this can blow quickly if you play carelessly. The yellow shell power up honestly seems more like a hindrance, than a benefit in my opinion. What is it supposed to do aside from making you jump so high, that you end up missing your gold most of the time? It makes dodging enemies and cliffs easier at first, but only until you land right into them after jumping uncontrollably high. The extra lives and blue shell it where it's at. These seem like they actually help you, rather than offer questionable performance. Anyway, if you like platformers and turtle shells, give this a game a try. It's free on Google Play, not sure about iOS or Window 10 Mobile, but it doesn't hurt to check.

And that does it for this blog entry. No outdoor adventures in this round-up, but you'll see a special one and a commentary on a video response very soon!

Edit: I ended up uploading the response first, since I did after all, type it before I typed this entry.


ATA1201058

No comments:

Post a Comment