Monday, May 23, 2016

Late March Videos

5.19.16

I haven't been discussing my videos as I should, so for this blog post I'll be taking about Snow, pellets and wind, Pinball Pro: A somewhat quick playthrough, Tap wood with Woody Tap Tap! and Asphalt 8 - Twisty difficult adventures! Since these were the four latest videos added to the channel, even though it's been almost two months since then. There's also another additional sad video I'd like to comment on.

Well, not too much to really say about this one aside from the fact that it was taken on a cold day with poor visibility. I was trying head up a certain path, but then the combination of the snow, pellets and wind got so bad, that I couldn't see a thing ahead of me! I also wasn't wearing any snow goggles or any eye protection of the sort, so that just made things even worse. I saw a field with ravine area behind it, so I randomly decided to shoot a video of the blowing pellets, hoping that it would stop soon and it did. Wow! I don't know if I just got lucky or what, because I was didn't think it was going to stop anytime soon, so I initially wanted to turn back, but thankfully I didn't have to.

This is a fun game coming from TerranDroid. To play you simply choose a table themed background of your choice, press and hold anywhere to launch the pinball, and then control it further by touching the right or left side of your screen to use the flips. Unfortunately, I was completely unaware that you were could even do that, hence why you don't see me doing this in the video... I thought the game was tilt based, only to figure it out very recently that it doesn't function that. Wow. Maybe I might do another playthrough at some point and keep that in mind if I decide to go for it. The Christmas table theme is my personal favourite in the game.

Woody Tap Tap is a screen pounding game coming from Pigmalion Studios. The game is simple, but incredibly fun! You tap the tree repeatedly to keep your health bar up, while collecting coins and dodging branches. On most phones, you'd normally play by tapping the left or right sides of your screen, but because I played this game on a BlackBerry, I discovered that I could do this by smashing the A and D keys repeatedly and man is it fun! You can hear me furiously tapping the keys after the music dies down to give you an idea of hard I was going. It would've been slightly better if I could use L or P for the left side, but D is no problem. A lot of reviewers from Google Play have complaints about the ads, which can intrusive, but after achieving around 40,000 points you can make them disappear.

In this playthrough of Asphalt 8, I play in Monaco with a Mercedes Benz Silver Lightning, Venice with a Lykan Hypersport, The Great Wall with a McLaren P1 and Tokyo Reverse with a SSC Tuatara. I mention in both the video and the description itself about how hard this recording session was because I wanted to upload these tracks without wrecking, so as a result it took a lot of tries! Despite using a car with poor handling on the Monégasque track, it was surprisingly the easiest to do out of the four. Maybe it could be the fact the Silver Lightning drifts really well? Tokyo and Venice were the most painful at first! The Great Wall was another toughie, but I eventually pulled it though and captured a session with all of them done without wrecks, though the driving could've been better on some of them. In Monaco I swung the car into the wall a little too often. Venice was a similar scenario, but not too bad in my opinion. I even managed to set a new personal record at the end. The ramp before the cave in the Great Wall was difficult to do a barrel roll on for some reason, but I still kept trying with no success... I wonder if you have to reach a certain speed or angle for that particular ramp? Now Tokyo. Tokyo is honestly pretty fun, but the high traffic level and sharp turns can also make it exceptionally difficult if you don't practice and get yourself familiarized with it. I had to really watch where I was going at all times, and drift carefully to avoid accidents. Speaking of accidents, the moment at 13:03 had me think I was going to wreck, but I was glad I didn't! I did suffer a great drop in speed in though...


This video is hosted from the The Weather Network's YouTube channel, and it is absolutely insane! I've seen fire and burning forests on camera before, but nothing quite like this! The fire is raining down like a bunch of welding sparks onto the people's cars! Can you imagine what would've happened if someone had a gas leak or dropped something to ignite a fire? Certainly wouldn't be pretty... I know firefighters and professionals are doing all they can right now to stop the fires, but a quick look at recent news shows that the forest fire is still raging in certain areas, and has even spread a little into Northern Saskatchewan. This is a very terrifying, stressful situation for people to be in, so I pray that it will be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment