Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 16, 2016 Uploads

09.16.16
September 16, 2016 Uploads

Wow, yet another entry discussing half a dozen videos! Night Test After Heavy Rain and Thunder, Asphalt 8: The Great September Max out!, Walking Around Simcoe Street United Church, Asphalt 8: Test Driving The Cars From The Great September Max out!, Pac-Man: Not Gonna Let The Last Cut-off Stop Me!,and Michael Boyer GM Dealership Walk Around. Those are the 6 videos that I'll be talking about, so let's get down into the details right this minute! This is going to be a long hardcore entry!

Alright, so as mentioned in the video and description itself, this video was a 2nd attempt in a different area to shoot better footage in the night. Not exactly the easiest thing to do for a variety of reasons: one, the camera might not simply be “strong” enough, as in not enough pixels, aperture not the ample size, lenses and other technical bits. Two, stabilization is an issue when there's no OIS and then there's the whole trouble of simply walking around in the dark itself, which can bring in a variety of complications. Despite these issues, I just went ahead and determinedly shot another night video anyway. It was originally raining and storming earlier that day, so I was under the impression that I wouldn't be able to shoot a video, but surely, it stopped later. After the rain subsided, I went out, found a suitable area and let the camera roll. Well, it was initially showing blurry footage, but I corrected it by adjusting settings and turning on the appropriate modes. High humidity, hot temperatures, lightning, fog and darkness aren't for the faint-of-heart! So, how well did this video really compare to the other? That depends on your judgement. I do think that this video is certainly better than the other, but I still don't actually think it's good. Stabilization was still an issue, but it was somewhat better than last time, and at least we can actually see more of the surroundings this time. Would've been cool to see some of the lightning that was still present in the sky, but oh well. The camera isn't sharp enough.


All Asphalt 8 players are aware of how hard and ridiculous it is to save millions in this game, so legitimately saving up is lots of hard time consuming work! Wait, is it even possible to hack the BlackBerry version of this game? Who knows. Even if it is, I'm not up for that! After saving up for a few months, I decided to make a video on my upgrades to show what's been done, and what's going to be done next. After rambling and rapidly flipping through my garage, I ended up maxing out the following: Tesla Model S, Chevrolet Camaro GS, Lamborghini Urus, Audi RS 4 Avant, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Ferrari Testarossa, Bentley Continental GT V8, Ford Shelby GT500, Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car, Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X, Chevrolet Corvette C7, Lamborghini Veneno, GTA Spano and the ugly Ferrari FXX Evoluzione! Wow! 3,231,396 sure covered a lot! More than I expected actually. Now there was one obvious thing to be done after this: the ultimate test drive! Read below for the full scope!


In this grand episode of Asphalt 8, I race in Iceland with a Tesla Model S, Monaco with the Chevrolet Camaro GS, Barcelona with the – whoa, whoa, WHOA! Whoa. I am not about to seriously list all 14 cars and their tracks like a repetitive, dry robot because it's just overkill, and you already just read the list from above or watched the video (if you were even brave enough!), so there's just no point in going over all the nitty-gritty obvious details. Man! Playing on all these tracks and producing and editing this video was a very big, time consuming challenge, but I did it. I really wanted to take these cars for a spin to test their full unlocked powers, while filming it, so as stressful as I knew it would be, I still went for it. The end results? Unfortunately not good because the earlier parts of the video were very laggy. This was until I figured out that ScreenCorder had been saving the videos to my phone's internal memory, which would cause the videos to lag frequently whenever it came too close to being full. This would happen a lot due to the size of the videos. I switched the save toggle to memory card and it was quite the relief to see an improvement, but it's too bad I didn't notice this earlier. Lagging aside, the next big issue was audio syncing. Syncing audio to 14+ video clips was not an easy task for someone who isn't a professional audio and video engineer, but it was good practice, and it turned out to be quite alright, though some parts of the video are a little worse than others. None were actually horribly off, so that's a good thing. While I'm on the topic of audio, I'd say that the next issue that bugged me the most was the quality of the recorded audio. It's pretty warbly and screechy at most segments, making it very undesirably to listen to. Anyone watching this would likely have to resort to muting it if they wanted to make it through from beginning to end. So you might be wondering, “why would you upload such a long, partly laggy, cruddy video?” Two words: experimentation and progression. That's why. Remember when I thought the processor was the one that was mostly to blame for the lag, when it was the save location that was largely at fault? Had I given up at the point, I would have never made the discovery and allow myself to progress. So as much as I hate the way some of my videos turn out, the only way to get better is to keep going and looking out for improvements along the way. This includes actually playing better too. You've seen that Iceland race with the Tesla and the excessive, hard drifting with the Corvette so you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, so I'm shooting for better audio, less lagging and hopefully professional racing next time.


I visited the Simcoe Street United Church located in Oshawa and filmed it. Old churches have so much charming character with their architecture, that some of the newer churches are sorely lacking. This makes them nice subjects for filming. Mind you, I'm not saying that you should judge a church sorely from outside to determine whether you want to attend it or not, but to judge it from the people within and most importantly the message of the sermon. Are they actually speaking the truth from within the bible, or are they just twisting things, speaking in tongues without a translator, or conducting other activities that God wouldn't approve of? This should be the most important decision in choosing a church, but of course, if a church does look run-down and ghetto, then that would likely send the wrong impression. Thankfully, most places do a good job to make sure the outside looks presentable. So, what did I think of this church overall based on my exploration of the exterior? Great! It was a nice, sunny, warm day, but I did not appreciate the excessive wind that caused my hat to blow off! Being located downtown, it had a lot of other shops and sites within the vicinity of it, but Simcoe United's tall steeple and historical looks makes it easily distinguishable from everything in sight.


For real though, why should I let that cut-off from the last time stop me from enjoying some more retro fun? This time I actually got to play and successfully recorded about 13 minutes of raw gameplay. I believe that I made it to level 5 or 6, before restarting back to level 1. Some will probably laugh, but Pac-Man is honestly not an easy game when it comes onto level progression. Those ghosts speed up significantly which makes me wonder how it's even possible to actually make it to level 256? Seriously, has anyone ever actually done that? No one has ever done that! Anyway, so should I discuss how the recording session went? Might as well. 6.9 out of 10 I'd say. There weren't excessive hiccups present, but the sound could've been a bit better, and my gameplay could've have also been better! Still, I think most would agree that the sound was much better than my Asphalt 8 video. I should probably record another Flappy Bird spin-off soon. You may either rejoice or be sorrowful.



What an interesting dealership to visit! I really like it when GM dealerships actually have all of their brands present, as opposed to the usual GMC & Buick or Chevrolet & Cadillac inventory that most go by. The video turned out to look a little foggy when the time came to edit it, but that did not stop me from enjoying the looks of the cars in person. It's one thing to see cars on the internet, but seeing them in person is just so much better because you get to see all the crisp details to the fullest, and the actual size of the vehicle. I didn't get to see much 2016 or 2017 Corvettes (surprise! They're exotic sports cars after all!), but most of the other General Motors vehicles were there in abundance. Because this is one of the largest dealerships in the area, there was a lot to film which resulted in the raw video being nearly 20 minutes before editing it. One thing I regret is not taking enough pictures... I was very video focused during that trip, but at least it was still a good trip anyway, but would've been a little better if I took more pictures of some of my favourite General Motor cars. Speaking of that, my top three GM favourites are the Cadillac Escalade ESV, GMC Sierra and Cadillac XT5. The Chevrolet Bolt EV is nice too, but I don't know why GM decided to cripple it by not offering an optional All-Whell Drive version. Oh well. Hopefully they'll change their minds very soon. Can you imagine something farfetched like an all-electric Cadillac Escalade ESV? $275,000 CAD is my prediction. GMC Sierra? Let's go with $250,000 CAD if were talking a Denali with a crew cab and 4X4 drivetrain. Hey, if an all-electric Corvette is rumoured, then it can't be too absurd to discuss possibilities of these trucks eventually coming in an all-electric drivetrain. LOL? We'll, see.............. 

No comments:

Post a Comment